Games like Gemini Strike but premium?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ramzarules, Nov 12, 2014.

1. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Hey all, so, what's the closest thing to a premium shmup-rpg with different ships and upgrades, that is *non*bullet-hell?

I am searching the forums frantically, but all is see are the beautiful bullet-hell games like PhoenixHD that i tried and did not like, or the beautiful arcade shmups like Fullblast, that are missing the rpg elements of loot and unlockables. Somewhere in the middle was Skyforce 2014 but it was too slow for me, and Helli Hell, that i liked a lot but was freemium.

tldr, do you know of
    1) a non-bullet-hell shmup-rpg like Gemini Strike
    2) with unlockables, different characters/ ships, upgrades like Gemini Strike
    3) that is paid, or can be paid for a premium experience without timers/lives?
    PS, it should run on ios 8... damn maybe i am asking a lot. :(

2. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
  3. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Try Space Bits. The graphics are very basic, but the loot system/rpg-ness is really cool.

4. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    hm, Space Colors looks like a more simplistic Starborn Anarkist.. i loved that game, played it almost a whole month!
    Your suggestions is great though, as SA hits all my points, except that it's not shmup, but dual stick shooter :) I would definitely try it, had i not played and loved it! But how about a shmup scroller?

5. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    Well I have some new games to try, awesome suggestions, both still being updated to from the looks of it.

6. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Guise, Space Bits is exactly what i'm looking for, just with better graphics.. I'm not a graphics-is-everything type, but after skyforce, phoenix hd, the cave shooter lites and Fullblast, i'm not sure i can go to something so basic..