Games like Card Crawl?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by CygnetSeven, Mar 13, 2015.

1. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I didn't want to ask this in thread but are there other card games with a similar mechanic to Card Crawl? I saw Dungeon Solitaire mentioned a few times but it is pulled from the app store. Thanks!

2. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Canton, Ohio
    The only one that I can think of that is still available is Necronomicon/Necronomicon Redux.

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Came her to say Necronomcon Redux, someone beat me to it.

Chainsaw Warrior is a similar "draw and resolve cards" but MUCH more dicey.

Galaxy Trucker has a similar feel, and it's got SPACESHIPS SPACESHIPS SPACESHIPS! :D

Fortress is a PvP type card game.

Starbase Annex is a 4x card game played with a deck of ranked spaceships.

4. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Probably one of my greatest iOS regrets is that I did not get Reiner Knizia's Poison before it was pulled. :(

5. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Canton, Ohio
    The developer of Dungeon Solitaire, Griptonite, was also the dev who made the iOS version of Poison. These were some of my favorite card games at the time, I take it you weren't big into card games at that time.

Luckily Griptonite is still maintaining a few games on iOS so I can still download Dungeon Solitaire and Poison from my purchase history. Too bad I can't restore my IAP from Dungeon Solitaire but the base game with it's two expansions is still fun to play and very challenging.

6. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    What was the reason for pulling dungeon solitaire? Sounds like a great game. I wish I could get it.

7. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Dead mans draw

8. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I made the mistake of watching the video of it. Crap! I want it too!!!

I was into card games but just kept putting off getting it. Next thing I knew it was gone.