Games like Angry Birds and Cut the rope

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by xerox, Oct 17, 2010.

1. xerox

xerox Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    New York
    I'd like to collect the best addictive games, in this style, with a lot of levels.

2. Andrey1610

Andrey1610 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    finger physics

3. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
  4. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    iSlash
    Sling Ball
    Axe In Face
    Flight Control

5. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    Cannon cadets, highly recommended!

6. Shebby289

Shebby289 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Dunno if it's in the style of angry birds or cut the rope but imo helsing's fire is right up there with the best!

7. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    cannon cadets, hands down. really a cool angry birds style

8. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Cannon cadets, Controls suck, Not even close to the sensitivity of Angry birds

9. Drsponge

Drsponge Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Turn Around
    check out Mani Golf, it's got tons of levels and extremely addicting. Not to mention rewarding Gamecenter Achievements. It's funny too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouD9tsEsGeo

I'm pretty sure its featured on itunes

10. epedemix

epedemix Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Castle Smasher, Cat Physics, Lucky Coins, and Cows in Space. All of those are great arcade games from Donut Games. Moonsters and Stick Golf are also really fun. Last but very not the least, check out iBlast Moki and Moonlights. You will <3 all of the above.

11. Appency

Appency Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    CEO - Appency iPhone Marketing
    California
    Have you updated to the latest version? Tons of changes / fixes and the addition of the level builder.

12. arnoldc

arnoldc Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    You should take a look at PipeRush, published by the same company. It is a pretty solid pipe puzzle game. It only has 1 episode and 15 puzzles but I am sure more content will be added.

13. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Basically anything by Donut games.

14. backlund

backlund Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Good God I agree. I bought cannon cadets based on the review from this site, and it is terrible. It's like a student project version of Angry Birds. Seriously, did the developer pay touchArcade for that review? I know this is going off topic, but games like Cannon Cadets make me wish there was some kind of try before you buy available for all apps and games on the marketplace. I know it was only a buck or two, but I still feel ripped off.

Getting back on topic, I would vote Peggle. It's probably the only game I would consider as addictive as Angry Birds.

15. arnoldc

arnoldc Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    LOL I would say anything but Donut games, except their Cat Physics. All their games are like one-trick pony and has very limited long-term appeal. Like eating a donut, true to the root of the company's name.

16. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    My most addicting games, maybe not similar genre as Angry Birds but still addicting...

Fruit Ninja with the gamecenter multiplayer update I haven't been able to put this one down.

Monster Dash, Robot Unicorn Attack my two favorite endless runners.

Ninjatown Trees of Doom, almost like an endless runner but your climbing instead of running!

Tilt to Live, played this one to death when it first came out.

Pix'n Love Rush, super addicting artsy platformer.

iBlast Moki, almost beat it in one sitting, and its not a short game.

Hook Champ, Super Quickhook, my all-time favorite games on the appstore.

Minigore super addicting dual stick shooter.

Many of these are older and I'm sure you have a lot of them (at least I hope so), but they cannot be talked about enough as far as I'm concerned.

17. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Do you know what's a game that doesn't get enough attention nowadays? Punderland. It's a fantastic and addictive physics adventure game about pirates. The campaign is rather short, but randomly generated Survival and Adventure modes provide quite a bit of replay value.

18. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    I like Demolition Master—not much to look at, but the play style is different enough to be fun: instead of hurling things at the structure, you’re placing a limited number of explosive charges and then setting them off:

http://appshopper.com/games/demolition-master

Also, Castle Smasher (which has great pixel art). You ARE hurling things at structures, but the destruction mechanism is unusual. More arcade-like, less real-world physics, but fun:

http://appshopper.com/games/castle-smasher

Those two would be my first picks, but I also enjoyed one called Crush the Castle. Generic graphics, often too easy, but for a buck, I enjoyed it. It’s kind of like Angry Birds, but the launch mechanism is a trebuchet:

http://appshopper.com/games/crush-the-castle

Check out iBlast Moki, too. A different kind of physics-based puzzler, but probably appealing if you like Cut the Rope.

(As for Finger Physics... I think that too is a different kind of game entirely, but yes, it is good! The best of its genre that I’ve seen. Second best might be Saving Private Sheep. Both have some interesting twists on the “tap stacks of stuff” genre.)

19. xerox

xerox Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    New York
    Fragger it's awesome. The new retina graphics are superb!!