Games i would love to see made..

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jubei, Nov 5, 2008.

1. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Monster Hunter Freedom port from PSP
    Sacred/Diablo II
    Skate (EA) with Touchgrind-style controls

2. Chronical

Chronical Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    - Valkyria Chronicles ( Strategic War RPG )
    - Kingdom Hearts ( RPG )
    - DJ Max ( Rhythm Game )
    - Taiko no Tatsujin Portable ( Rhythm Game )
    - Monster Hunter ( RPG )
    - Zenonia Online MMORPG ( MMORPG )
    - Brothers in Arms 2 (ego perspective shooter, like 100x longer gameplay :D )
    - Wipeout ( Racing game )
    - Pangya Golf ( Golf ;) )
    -

3. tjccooll

tjccooll Active Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Devil May Cry.................... nuff said.

4. tjccooll

tjccooll Active Member

Apr 5, 2009
    #164 tjccooll, May 31, 2009
    Last edited: May 31, 2009

Out of this list DEFINITELY Kingdom Hearts! and Brothers in Arms 2 (ego perspective shooter, like 100x longer gameplay :D )

5. shotom

shotom New Member

May 31, 2009
    what about tribes 2? youre flying the whole time in that game anyway so fps controls wouldnt be too hard- accelerometer for movement and touch for aim

6. qingwa

qingwa Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Baldur's Gate (1 or 2)

Or any really good RPG.

I finished Zenonia and awaiting the next in-depth RPG (Underworlds is not an RPG, its a dungeon crawler).

7. Shocked

Shocked Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Stackers 2

8. nic.

nic. Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Malaysia
    More Resident Evil!

9. PatrolSN

PatrolSN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    i want ot see street fighter! is there any game s out there that is similar

10. jmarquiso

jmarquiso Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    #170 jmarquiso, Jun 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
    Descent...?

And now that someone mentioned it in the Sims 3 - Evil Genius.

11. khangtoh

khangtoh Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Co-Founder/IPhone Dev @ LeftRight Studios
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I second that! Street fighter was my all time favorite, which is why smackBOTS has crazy combo moves.

12. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Street fighter would be cool, but I'm not sure that would work very well - 6 buttons and the ability to do smooth rolling on a virtual stick? I just don't see that working on a small touchscreen.

The games I'd love to see:
    - Any trading card game, but preferably Magic. Maybe if Duel of the Planeswalkers does well enough on Xbox Live, Wizards will port a version of it to the iphone (one could only hope...)
    - Diablo 1! I would bet this could be done, but of course Blizzard would have to ok it. From what I've heard from others, it doesn't seem likely.
    - Baldur's Gate (though I'm not sure it would fit - as I remember it took up like 3-5 CDs - even compressed down for the iphone's screen size, that would probably be too big)
    - One of the original two Fallouts? Probably same issue as BG.
    - Marathon 1-Infinity would be a kick
    - Something horror based that's better than the Silent Hill game that got ported - that just seemed like a pathetic (and overpriced) excuse for a SH title. And I don't mean a standard zombie slasher to add to the pile of zombie killer games already out there. I mean something really scary.

13. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    EXCITE TRUCK

I loved the hell out of that game on the Wii.

14. MetroGnome217

MetroGnome217 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
  15. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #175 c0re, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
    A highly polished like SF is in the works ;)

It won't be exactly like SF, though, as I want it to bring a lot of new elements to fighting genre.

Cheers

16. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    How about Excite Bike!

Would also love to see the likes of Police Quest, Kings Quest and Space Quest updated for the iDevice platform. Could be interesting trying to make that genre work with story modes and mini games thrown in.

Ahhh, late 80's early 90's brings back fond memories...

17. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Checked out your WIP - looks like good stuff! The animation concept drawings and screenshots look very nice. I'll be interested in seeing how your control scheme works - I liked the control scheme for Funky Punch, but that was only 3 buttons and control pad, and buttons were all close to each other. Four buttons in a row could be difficult - have you gotten to the stage yet where you can try out that level of functionality?

BTW, how do you like making an iphone game in Unity? I've got the indie version of Unity and have started working on a game, but don't have the iphone add-on yet (I still need to get an Intel Mac first). I have one other friend who's been working on an iphone game with Unity, and he seems to be having some issues (though that may be more due to the fact that he's porting the game from the Mac version).

18. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    some sort of 3D stealth game like the real mgs

a deep, long rpg

a big rts

something in the style of halo cod (fps with good controls and a long, deep, GOOD storyline)

and now for something plausible
    any one of these would do:led zeppelin/jimi hendrix/queen/van halen/acdc/eric clapton/beatles (not their bad songs though, just their good songs like strawberry fields)/rolling stones/aerosmith/santana/guns n roses tap tap revenge

quite a few of the internet flash games i have played

19. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Hello Artfoundry :)

Yes I've already checked if 4 buttons was playable, and it is. I got big 30 years-old fingers, and it still works with no confusion at all. Well, I admit I've been used to videogames controllers for 20 years, and for instance got a decent level at SF4 on XBoxLive, so my opinion about this 4 buttons easiness might be biased.

Although, as always in reflexes games, skill category is decided by the player ability to manage ingame controls. It is just a part of fighting genre :)
    But I'm making big efforts to ease those controls (already rebuilt the HUD 2 times from scratch).

To be honest, Unity is vital for non-coders, and could be replaced by Xcode by full-time coders. But the software is really easy to learn, supports C# (not only, but this one is great), and do save a lot of 3D engine self coding.

Actually I'm a full-time coder with my dayjob, so it could have been done in Xcode. But where I do make a lot of profit (and I mean it), is that Unity compiles the same game code, resources, etc to several platforms.
    That's it, if I want to deploy this game to other platforms, I only got to push one button instead of rewriting all the code.

Plus Unity staff is a really good mix between coolness, open mind, perfectionism, and business ambition. Really, it's a good value. :)

20. vicsvenge

vicsvenge Member

May 5, 2009