Games i would love to see made..

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jubei, Nov 5, 2008.

1. nupedogg

nupedogg Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Would love to see Settlers of Cataan on the IDevice.

2. kcbc

kcbc Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Hmmm...

Archon was mentioned. It is in the works and due out shortly i do believe. Good vs. Evil is supposedly along those lines too but have not tried it. Would personally Love to see Dark Legions which was a much deeper & better version of an archon type game. So for the list...

1. Dark Legions! Believe SSI made this
    2. Fantasy General (like panzer General) SSI again..
    3. Castle Crashers type game..
    4. Wish the iDracula and Underworlds developers got together to make the ultimate diablo style game with the graphic & control quality of iDracula, and the story and feel of Underworlds... YUM!!!
    5. Speedball
    6. Final Fantasy tactics like DS has
    7. Devil dice
    8. Wizard of Wor for the C64. Simple but addicting!

3. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    #123 colorsound, May 17, 2009
    Last edited: May 17, 2009
    There are a lot of games that I am dying for to come to the ipod touch - here are just a few:

- TiQal
    - Orbz*
    - Lumines
    - Meteos
    - Peggle Nights
    - Bejewelled Twist
    - Klax
    - Strider
    - Gunpey
    - (Sega) Nights
    - Riven
    - Glyph 2
    - Luxor 2
    - Luxor 3
    - Luxor: Quest for the Afterlife
    - Zuma
    - Plants vs Zombies

*Someone put out a game called Orbz. It is NOT the one I am referring to. The one I would love to have on my ipod is from GarageGames

4. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    I wish for an exact port of Diablo I and a port of Diablo II (within the iPhone/Touch limits). Sacred was another amazing RPG, that would be really sick to have.

5. fantomik

fantomik Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Poland
    I would like to see a game similar to David Braben "Frontier First Encounters" (GoF qualify to be similar to Elite in my opinion, FFE was much more complex). And a remake of Ishar 1 and/or 2 would be very desired in my opinion (iPhone have too few good RPG titles right now :/).

Cheers,
    f.

6. kuler51

kuler51 Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    We need Civilization type games. PERIOD. How bout the FreeCiv team ports it over :)))

7. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Not sure if anybody has mentioned it, but I would love to see the Phoenix Wright series, The World Ends With You, and Elite Beat Agents ported to the iPod Touch.

Especially EBA.

If that ever happened, my Touch would officially replace my DS lite.

8. Cowboyman381

Cowboyman381 Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Southern US
    Gotta chime in here with BURGERTIME !

That would be cool !

9. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    EBA = published by Nintendo, and Nintendo holds joint copyright over the title and the original JP game on which it was based (Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan).

So...no. It will NEVER be ported. Ever.

Best bet is to just get by with World of Tunes, which isn't a bad game at all.

And, I know that when this topic was made many moons ago people kept posting these things, but I'll reiterate:

Any Nintendo owned or jointly owned IP will NEVER be ported or developed for non-Nintendo hardware. EVER.

So no Pokemon, no Mario, no Fire Emblem, no EBA, etc. Nintendo does not make games for other hardware, and has not since they've been in the video game hardware business.

The best we can hope is that Sega, who has well known IP in the same genre (though playing significantly different due to the difference in game design philosophy), finally takes their heads out of their asses and develops new versions of and/or ports existing versions of the catalog of game IPs.

No Mario? No problem if there's Sonic. And Alex Kidd for that matter (IMHO, Alex Kidd in Miracle World = or > Super Mario Bros.). And, yes, I know they've announced a port of Sonic 1. After a friggin' year of nothing from them. Wow. Love Sonic 1...but that's a crumb compared to what they could've, and should've, been doing all this time. A tasty crumb to be sure, but a crumb nonetheless. Where's the steak, Sega? I want a full course, damn it!

Anyway...back on track:

No Fire Emblem? No biggie if there's Shining Force (and I mean the REAL Shining Force. Turn based strategy, not that real time crap Sega has been throwing at us since last gen).

No Pokemon? Not that big of an issue if Sega makes an iTouch/Phone version of Dinosaur King, which, although not the same, is close enough.

EBA? Eh...there's always Space Channel 5. And, tbqh...I really though Sega would at least try their hand at a version of Space Channel 5. Would fit right in on this type of platform.

10. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    totally agree !
    CIV 2 would be excellent but any would do !

11. EnlightenedOne1

Dec 27, 2008
    Star Control 2, which is probably my favorite game of all time. The Dreamcast classic Seaman would be pretty cool as well.

12. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Yes. I was hopeful that's what 'Sentinel' was when I saw it on the App Store ><.

Warlords I/II/III in case I haven't said it before in this thread.

Lemmings games could be fun too.

13. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Oh I know its published by Nintendo, I didn't think the games we mentioned had to be plausible in any way though. Just wild dreams :)

I tried World of Tunes...ehhh...no thank you.

14. powersurge

powersurge Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Pensacola, FL
    Civilization Revolution could work if they port over the DS version.

15. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Of course apple won't let you release a GBA emulator on the app store. It doesn't make them a prick at all; the reasons why they won't let you are obvious and valid to anyone with a brain.

To be honest, the very fact that you are stupid enough to believe you could release a GBA emulator on the app store makes me doubt you have the ability to develop one.

16. Albo

Albo Member

May 8, 2009
    I would crap my pants if Civilizaton Revolution was announced, or Catan (which seems like it would be very easy to make).

17. newwave151

newwave151 Member

May 6, 2009
    square enix

why doesn't square enix port any of their final fantasy games onto the iPhone~

undoutbly they are one of the best rpg developers out there!

18. aafuss

aafuss Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Age of Empires-Glu Mobile apparently did a mobile port of the third game for the N-Gage platform and I'd like to see them do a iPhone version.

19. graphite

graphite New Member

Nov 7, 2008
  20. DannyV

DannyV Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Graphic Designer
    I would LOVE to see Braid made for the iDevices. I've wanted to play that game for a long time.