Games are bad for Humanity (Pixels movie)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Red1, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
  2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Nice to see another big Hollywood movie feature lots of retro game characters. Wreck it Ralph wasnt bad but this movie should also make retro more 'mainstream' i reckon (dont know if thats good or bad)

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I thought wreck it Ralph was so freaking good. I think I cried during the film.

I think this is going to be one of those so bad it's good kind of movies.

4. lemoon

lemoon Active Member

Feb 18, 2011
    It's horrible.
    Looks like one of those "so dumb it's hysterical" versions.

5. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I wasn't sold on it til the end of the trailer when Toru Iwatani confronted pacman! :D Can't say I'd go to the theater but it's a definite rental for me.

6. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    #6 Elsa, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
    I knew this was going to be terrible the day I've seen the announcement. The fact that I'm not a Nintendo fan didn't help either.

But apparently even Nintendo fans will be disappointed by this.

7. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

You should see what they did to Goosebumps.

8. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    #8 jgeirge, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    It's an Adam sandler movie guys. It's bad haha. They're obviously using the retro theme as a ploy for ticket sales. The plot seems non existent, and I'm positive this movie will be terrible.

Also Futurama totally did this before, 12 years ago: http://youtu.be/-pIMVZZRb7Y

9. Zerodactyl

Zerodactyl Well-Known Member

Having seen lots of reviews for the film, it is apparently very bad, which is unfortunate considering I am going to see it in a week (I'm still looking forward to it, but the reviews have put me a bit down).

10. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I forgot to post this earlier but this movie is not as bad as everyone says it is. Sure it's not a masterpiece but it's a solid Adam Sandler movie with video games. At no point in the movie was it hard to watch. I recommend it to anyone who has any interest in Adam Sandler or video games.

11. Zerodactyl

Zerodactyl Well-Known Member

I just watched Pixels yesterday with a friend o' mine, and we both thought it was brilliant! Much better than the reviews said. If you have an interest in video games, particularly retro ones on Arcade systems, I would recommend you watch this film.