Gameloft

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Based Xatu, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    So true. I told my sister about 'the Devils attorney', and how great it is , and she seemed interested- until I told her it was $3.... This is the same girl who will spend $$ on candy and snacks. So, because I love the game and want more people to play it, I sent her a copy, and now she loves it. Our cousin was watching her play it, and he wanted to get it too, so then they asked me could he get a code as well.... This is sad, because even if they know a game will be fun, $3 is too much to spend.

2. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Wait...if a company changes its business model, you expect to be warned?? If so, I would recommend you to not play the stock market.

And if this is the 3rd time, I think that should give you enough info if it will happen again. But ignoring the previous times it has happened and repeating the process again should have been sufficient that it would happen again.

3. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    He didn't pay for it though, so his anger is unwarranted.

4. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    I don't think users should be reamed for being economically naive. Not always seeing the bottom line, and thinking about profit margins, is a quality that should be esteemed if anything. Lawdie knows there are enough out for number one, money-obsessed sociopaths out there already. I get if you find the cries of "those greedy pigs" shrill and irritating, but the people making them are ultimately spurned lovers, who had a hopeful vision of their favourite pastime which they're seeing deteriorate before their eyes.

5. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    I missed the "one buck"sale just because i don't check all this appshopper whatever sales (like you obviously and most other people do.Mind you,that's one big reason why developer go the f2p route :rolleyes: ).Because i don't care much what a game cost,if it's good i'll buy it nonetheless.There was no warning that the update,that brings the long awaited MFI support (that was the ONLY reason i hold out,not any pricedrops),imtroduce a greedy f2p model as well.Besides this i agree,i don't need you to feel sorry for me.

6. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Please go a few posts back, you'll understand.

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

It's fine, wasn't really personal; I know your posts from the MC5 thread where you stated you have no problem to pay and you're no cheapskate, but you should take your rant where it really matters - to GameLoft support. All kind of feedback is valuable for them, and just complaining here won't solve a matter. The more voices, the better.

8. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Yeah,sorry.my answer wasn't meant that harsh.I just would love to play MC5 :D
    Regarding feedback:Gameloft is having a look at this forum very well and at least 2 Gameloft...ies are quite active at the Aphalt 8 thread.I'm sure they receive the message ;)

Regarding business model change:i totally understand the move to make something f2p but what me totally pisses me off is that there is no way to get a premium experience,no matter what you pay for.The same counts for Dungeon Hunter.I just can't play that and i would never ever spend a dime for such business model.It's a bottomless pit if you start to buy currency/credits.Oddly enough,the fp2 model in Asphalt is still really good,even if it went south the last updates but i'm never forced to take a break every 20 minutes or so.My favorite business model is:f2p (with all the"goodies"like timers etc.)and a full unlock for a fair price (not the 99.99$ shit).So you can test stuff and decide to buy it or not.And there is still currency to buy for those who would like to make the game easier.Like paying for cheats.Great examples are beach buggy racing or Phoenix HD.Anything else is only for the stock holders but not for the players.And don't tell me anybody that "they are a company,what do you expect"...they are a company that make f*cking GAMES.Games should make FUN.