Gameloft Sales!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Connector, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I would have loved to get Max Payne, but the disk size is to big for my 8gb device to handle right now.. Maybe with the mini...

2. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I played Max Payne and all of the demo portion of 9mm. The plan right now is to play 9mm all weekend as time permits.

I like the story of 9mm a lot better. I like the characters in 9mm better too. I thought Max Payne was decent but not that great a character. It just didn't get me excited as a gamer. At one point I felt I was trudging through it. The story too was not very memorable to me either. 9mm, it jus felt fresh to me when I tried it out. That's rare for me given my history with gaming goes back to the late 70's and I'm often not very impressed with the gameplay in modern console games.

3. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    I find this sale to be a success for me, I picked up $21 worth of apps for $3. Nice

4. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Shadow Guardian description say that it is not compatible only with iPod touch 4g 16gb and above.. That's weird.

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    The end of the world has truly come when I hear a gamer, much less a presumably adult one, proclaim 9mm superior in story and character to Max Payne. I have nothing to say but you're entitled to your opinion, though I have no clue as to how the hell you came to it.
    Compatible with all iPod 4 models, all 3 gen iPods :) an iPod 3 8gb is actually a 2nd gen device.

6. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Ohhhh, ok! That makes loads more sense! Thanks! :)

7. Looks like there were a couple more late adds.

Amazing Holiday Deals!
    iOS games at $0.99
    Limited time only!

- Wild Blood
    - The Dark Knight Rises ™
    - N.O.V.A 3
    - Order & Chaos Online
    - 9mm
    - Iron Man 2
    - The Settlers
    - Shrek Kart
    - Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six®: Shadow Vanguard
    - Gangstar Rio: City of Saints
    - BackStab
    - The Adventures of Tintin™ - The Game

8. Out of the new ones, Tom Clancy, backstab, and gangsta rio are all pretty good and I would recommend.

Anyone got tin tin or shrek racing? Are they worth buying?

9. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    I played and finished Tin Tin in release, its a nice asventure game, it has fantastic visuals and solid gameplay. Its a little short and easy but at a buck is more than worth it, visuals alone in this worth more than a buck.

It has a big filesize but its worth at least one playthrough before delete for sure.

10. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Yeah I posted about them back on page 10, post #95. Nothing has been added to the list since then.

The only ones I don't own of those added Thursday are Shrek & Tintin. I can pass on Shrek... but Tintin I'm contemplating.

11. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yeah same here... Hmm...

12. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Haha..just rage deleted Wild Blood. The game has a few fun moments..but I didn't like all the puzzles and mini games and didn't like the pacing of the game. Totally reminds me of Heroes of Sparta, but with different theme... But the thing that drives me nuts is the camera and the boss fights. I'm feeling like I'm fighting the camera the whole time. And I just tried the chapter 7 boss for like the 1000 time and I'm fighting the camera and the inaccuracy of the bow despite aiming directly at the target.. *end rant*

Lol..well, at least I did have a little of fun and at 0.99, not like I lost much. Just decided to delete or else I'll chuck my iPod at the wall. Lol..

13. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Lol! Yeah that camera can get annoying, I just turned it to manual and turned off all the "auto" options. I got used to it. :p

Also, looks like TinTin doesn't have widescreen support. Guess I'll pass! :p

14. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Yeah..the auto camera drives bonkers..but with the manual camera, sometimes the enemies move off the camera and its hard for me to target them. I kinda wished if they made a version of this game but with the camera view of Dungeon Hunter 3 instead. That game had frantic action too..but at least you can see all the enemies on the screen.

As much as I complained about this game, for me, it was worth my buck. ;)

But hey..now I can move on to the many other holiday iOS purchases... :D

15. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Picked up N.O.V.A. 3, 9mm and Wild Blood but havent played any yet. Not sure if I'll bother with any others from GL (e.g. Backstab). Still debating NFS: MW from the EA sale.

16. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    For what its worth, I love NFS:MW right now. The controls is just right for me, and each car has slightly different handling (from what I can feel). There's not too many locations from what I've experienced so far (especially compared to Asphalt series), but for my taste, I like the NFS feel better. NFS:MW feels more like NFS:Hot Pursuit for me..pure arcade-ish feel without the "rpg-lite" upgrading.

17. Thanks! Will pick Tin tin, up then! I like Gameloft games, they make some awesome intros and they do try hard to make console experiences. Just wish the disk sizes weren't so big, but with all the content they put in them, guess they have to be big.

Thanks for your impressions!

18. Yeah, you did, must have missed it. I did add everything to the first post, so take a look at it. :)

19. Jibba, Nfs most wanted is great. I like both Asphalt 7 and nfs about the same. Nfs has better framerates and 3d effects and is more realistic. But both are great games that I would highly recommend.

Tops2, yeah, the camera view in wild blood is a little strange, but I play on my flatscreentv in stretch mode, and it doesn't bother me as much cause the screen is so big. But hopefully they will add in a new camera view. Gameloft does do occasional updates, so hopefully they can update it...

Anyone out there have shrek racing? Is it better than sega racing?

20. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    #200 mrbiggles, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 25, 2013