iPad Gameloft Price drops (Asphalt, Guitar Tour, Brain Challenge) 4.99 USD

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by yourofl10, Feb 5, 2009.

1. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Now 4.99 USD!!

[app]Guitar Rock Tour[/app]

2. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Yeah, Asphalt and Brain Challenge also dropped to $4.99.

3. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    #3 VoodooVyper, Feb 5, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
    Price drop on Asphalt

Hmm maybe I'll check it out now.

4. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    To push those people back on the right side of the fence, I'll echo the complaint I always do about this game since Gameloft issued their last update:

The accelerometer controls have been absolutely raped. It simply is not worth owning in its current state. The way the controls were originally, on tilted a little to turn a little, and tilted extremely into a turn and quickly in the opposite direction to initiate a drift. Now? Tilt a little, go directly into a nigh uncontrollable drift that careens on into a wall.

So if you play racers on this platform with the accelerometer, forget Asphalt 4. It simply isn't worth it. Get Fastlane, Ferrari GT (a much better racer from Gameloft) or Fast and the Furious Pink Slip 3D. All three of those games are much, much better than the current Asphalt.

Ironically, if you're a "tap only" player, the tap controls apparently were fixed with the last update to Asphalt 4, so for you gamers it might be a buy. Still, one wonders how Gameloft could fix the tap steering on one hand and totally screw up the motion steering on the other, when the latter was perfect just the way it was before the last update. Regardless, for you "tap only" racing fans, Ferrari GT is the better bet all around.

5. cptlockheed

cptlockheed Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    IT professional since the 80's
    Finland
    #5 cptlockheed, Feb 5, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
    I finally decided to get Guitar Rock Tour, and it is a bit better than I expected. The guitar playing feel is missing, but the songs are good and drum playing is a nice extra. The game feels too easy on medium level, haven't tried it on hard yet. IMO, this is a lot better game than Tap Tap Revenge - hearing one's mistakes really makes a difference. Can't say about the longevity, though. The tour mode seems to advance quickly. But definitely not bad for 4 euros.

6. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    I certainly hope that they can drop the price even more, say $3.99.

7. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Maybe give them another month or so ;)
    I'm myself also waiting for I love Katamari price drop (wish it was Gameloft's)