Gameloft Just screwed me over.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Anonomation, Dec 17, 2014.

1. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    I've been done with Gameloft games for a long time now because of this crap.

If you want to monetize an old game with F2P elements, re-release it as a separate app. Do whatever you want to that app, and keep the premium version around for existing users. Why is this so difficult to do? New users get in for "free", loyal customers don't get screwed over.

2. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Agree on all counts. Top man.

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    And then they would also get more repeat business from the loyal premium customers.
    We need Ryan to understand why they don't do this. This would be a win win for everyone.

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I almost never update a game anymore unless I KNOW that they have not messed with the main workings. So many times they slip ads, or freemium, or some other BS under the guise of "minor bug fixes" as the reason for the update, and then you find out how much you got hosed....:mad:

5. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA

6. oleander

oleander Well-Known Member

May 2, 2013
    How about this one?

Attached Files:

7. Well, I downloaded the new update and played it for a bit, and I wrote down some of the noticeable negative changes that occurred in this version, or at least from when I last played it

VIP Status added
    -this gives you more access to items in shop, more skil points, and more money given from missions
    -3 different versions of VIP status available, with increasing bonuses between the two
    -Only valid for 90 days
    -Achieved at slow rate from completing missons, gradual rate by playing on concurrent days, fast rate from making in-app purchases

Daily gift now requires VIP status

New currency added - diamonds
    -Used to purchase different weapons, access pawn shop, give you early access to side missions
    -Gained through playing through main missions, also through special events according to update notes

Side missions in the app, including those from the original version which gave you the most playtime, are now locked behind diamonds until you get to a certain level

Pawn shop doesn't take the main currency anymore, only diamonds

Items in the shop now need diamonads/VIP status to purchase
    -This includes items present in both the original release and from subsequent updates
    -Items include: Explosion crate, Armour packs, various pedestrain vehicles from original release, limousines, a police vehicle (1 of 2), majority of sport vehicle, six-wheelers, all tanks, faster/fancier motorbikes, double weapons (two of the same weapons at once), more powerful weapons, rocket launcher and more extravagant wearable items

8. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Actually thus slipped in the VIP thing months ago under our noses in an update .