Gameloft is the only company that takes iGaming seriously

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Stirolak26, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stirolak26

Stirolak26 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Unlike both I'd and epic who only want you to salivate and give you a taste of something that potentially could be great in your mouth with a bunch of polish around it but gameplay that is no different than anything else already accomplished on the iDevices, gameloft for instance makes full blown first person shooters on it, and are essentially three steps ahead of say ID software. Carmack admitted he hasn't figured out how to make it free roam or has to make it on rails due to tech reasons, this alpine proves how accomplished gameloft is. Also the game is incredibly abort and repetitive from what I read (read the pocket gamer review).

2. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Prediction: this thread will get flamed!

For some reason people really hold a grudge with Gameloft. *shrugs*

I like alot of G5, Alawar, Chillingo, IPlay, FDG, Revolutionary and Glu games as well. Plus you're ignore many amazing indie devs that have brought us priceless additions to the app store.

3. Iphonerox

Iphonerox Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    I wouldn't say there the only one to take it seriously. But they are the only company to successfully port console games.

4. CyberData4

CyberData4 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    I mean, I personally like Modern Combat, but the rest of their games are boring to me. I heard the Spiderman game was decent and Nova was mediocre but nothing jaw dropping.

It's not just tech reasons that ID is having, the simple truth is that the iPhone gaming market is just FLOODED with 99c potato chip games and the vast majority of people that buy an iDevice simply will NOT buy a 14.99$ or 19.99 game. They simply will not.

Look at all the complaints about Rage. It's a friggin 99c or 1.99$ game! Yet people are pissing and moaning that it doesn't have 123736293472973 features that would ALL require MUCH more development time.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. How "deep" do you expect iOS games to be when your consumer will whine about spending 2 bucks on it.

5. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    I beg you, stop making threads.

6. Krehol Games

Krehol Games Well-Known Member

complaints

Yeah I have seen some absurd comments like this

"Oh its not worth $2.99 , your breaking my wallet " .

" Oh no $1.99 is the dev crazy , 99 cent or nothing is my motto "

" he had the nerve to charge $2.99 , what type of human being are you "

" I dont care if its 3D with playstation graphics , 99 cent should be the maximum allowed !!! Who the hell does gameloft think they are !?! "

" For $6.99 I could buy 9 games for 99 cents , so dummies waste your money , I must be the only one who can do math over here "

I mean $5.99 for a game I could buy a console game with that type of money . Look I dont mind the $1,99 or even $2.99 sometimes its worth it . But $5.99 now you developers cross the line
    and are stepping in forbidden territory . Thats premium money I can do alot with $5.99 . At $5.99 you are impairing my ability to pay bills and support my own family. I once saw a game listed at $9.99 and almost past out. Are you ****ing crazy !! $9.99 how the hell I am supposed to pay rent !!

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    ^You have to forgive the mentally ill. It's not their fault their thought process and speech are so impaired. In any case, iTunes reviews are pure trash, you find a good review 1 out of 10 comments, probably alot less actually. These people really make me wonder how they came to acquire their iPod and if they've ever gone to an electronics store that sells video games. I have never felt like I was ripping the seller off anytime in my life besides in the AppStore. There, I get the feelings with nearly every purchase.

8. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    If Gameloft took iGaming seriously, they'd hire better writers and voice actors. Mutant Bash TV may not be the FPS most of us would have preferred to play, but it packs more originality and personality than any of Gameloft's clones.

9. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    And you think, and look at those same people except with Playstations who buy themes (which, in fact, aren't interactive) for $5.99.
    I'm ashamed of this too, as I bought handheld games for $20-$30 when I was little. Now I have to think about buying a $4.99 game/app of the same quality.

10. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

11. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    I second this.

12. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    +∞

/wrists

13. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I think he's still a child.

14. nachoslocos

nachoslocos Active Member

Nov 17, 2010
  15. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    I would take gameloft seriously if they ever updated any games with more content/performance enhancement.

16. zman2100

zman2100 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Investment Consultant
    Jacksonville, FL
    Well since you've read all about RAGE and have obviously played through Infinity Blade multiple times I've got no choice but to take you seriously.

17. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #17 Cilo, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
    So we are supposed to consider your opinion valid even though it's on a game you haven't played and it's comparing two different genres, FPS vs. Rail?

Are you trying to say that Rage won't become Rage Racing in an update?!?! Rofl, I can't be bothered by some of the suggestions anymore, they are becoming pretty ridiculous.

18. olliewollie

olliewollie Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    I don't agree with this statement. Gameloft don't fix bugs. They don't releace regular updates on game's like Real Football and staying on this game the team names and icons are from like 1880 when football started (Look at Prestons logo, Red and white ! :eek:)

I think Halfbrick take gaming seriously, they do regualr updates and participate on this forum :) Well done Halfbrick, A true Australian success story and icon :).

19. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I like Gameloft titles but they aren't the only ones I also really like Fishlab Chillingo, CAVE, Id and many others as well probably to many to name. I have to agree that the bigger companys are making a poor showing on IOS though the two that come most to mind are EA and Capcom.

There is an easy solution though if you don't like a companys releases don't buy their products if enough people feel the same way they will have to make changes.

20. Arktar

Arktar Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Capcom - Poor showing? Really? Even though they've been providing heaps of free updates to Street Fighter IV and other games?