Gameloft is review spamming Modern Combat.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Slayher, Dec 8, 2009.

1. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    [​IMG]

Seriously.

2. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Gameloft is already a recognize brand worldwide, even in my old nokia cellphone I prefered to buy Gameloft games, they dont need to shill! Shilling are done by no name devs and co. to attract attention to theirs games. I am not a fanboy but I can't stand this trend of discrediting a company that gives us good games.

3. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    Right, because sending in newsworthy tips makes me a bad person.

Stay on point, sir.

This story WILL break, no matter if I send in tips to websites or email friends. If not me, someone else. Either way, this looks really bad for Gameloft.

4. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Newsflash:

GL is a major company, they won't be taken down without a long and grueling legal dispute, if it comes to that. GL has made Apple a lot of money, do you really think Apple is going to ban GL for maybe shilling one of their games? HA. Extremely unlikely.

5. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    Personally, i blame the FPSes. Gamelofts lack of depth aside, i think most of us know what this is really about: Modern Combat vs. Eliminate. What is it about these types of games, that brings out the worst in us? And what about the rest of us who aren't involved? D:

6. AgentOrange

Oct 31, 2009
    Do it then it's a free country, doesn't mean they are going to take you seriously. Let's move on, I'm playing Driver and the Settlers and I'm telling you this games are better than 80 % of the games I played for the iphone so far.

7. AgentOrange

Oct 31, 2009
    I guess some people can't just enjoy the games they love, they are compelled to destroy the games they don't. A nerdy behavior.

8. RankoSao

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    Okay, i can understand you enjoying Settlers, but...Driver? o_o;

9. AgentOrange

Oct 31, 2009
    Different strokes for different folks right :D

10. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    the problem is we love their games and ports :p or i do anyway but i hate the way they treated us with MC:SS:eek:nline.. they made us BETA TEST their damn game.. do your own friggen beta testing.. if you really cant be bothered to beta test then open a damn thread on TA so people can test without being pissed off at their half-assed attempt of online gaming

11. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    Apple just banned a developer who shilled one of his games... and that developer had 1100+ games on the iTunes App Store.

What is more important to Apple right now. Maintaining good face to the public, doing the right thing, and selling more iPod touch's this holiday season? Or letting it slide to show they are selective in what developers they ban from the App Store and potentially hurt long term hardware sales and public image?

"Extremely unlikely"? Think again.

PS. EA will more than be glad to get rid of Gameloft if these accusations turn out to be true (easily determinable with the IP addresses which are logged with each review). If they all came from EARS in California, case closed... EA was trying to disrupt Gameloft. But if they all game from the Gameloft HQ... sh*t's hitting the fan.

12. AgentOrange

Oct 31, 2009
    You are comparing what Gameloft brings to apple revenue wise to that Indian dude? C'mon think instead of posting, make good on your threat and move on ok.

13. craighauser

craighauser Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    fdj

Jesus Christ you guys, That could be a whole number of different things, besides look at all the other game reviews, almost all companies do that. And think of this, you are hating on gameloft so much but at least they are resposive.

14. RankoSao

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    true..

15. Slayher

Slayher Active Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Just to clear this up. I rated this game 1 star because it doesn't work, I could care less about single player, I bought this game for multiplayer, and it doesn't work, period.

As far as trying to get my money back? I really would prefer for them to fix the game and be aware that we know when they mess with the ratings system so they don't do it again.

I'm not a gameloft hater, I could care less, I just want call of duty on my iPhone and this is as close as it's gonna get, Eliminate is fun, but Modern Combat is more my style of gameplay.

16. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Gameloft is not the only company who do this.
    I know another (big) company that is spamming another game's reviews, but no one noticed that yet...

I'm sure about the fact they didn't do that by themself. There should be someone who is offering this service.

Who?

17. SarcasticGamer

SarcasticGamer Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    IUGO shills and so does Ngmoco.

18. Slayher

Slayher Active Member

Dec 8, 2009
    I could just not buy their games? Sure, I could do that. But what if I don't hate gameloft, what if I just want a good multiplayer FPS? I should just shut up and move on? No thanks, I'll speak out on forums, emails, twitter, etc Instead and I'll hope it pushes GL to make this game good.

19. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Fair enough, you are complaining for a good reason and that is to force the dev to haul ass and improve a game! Other complain here are just senseless hate!

20. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Yea it sucks how it played out, but it will be fixed..they won't leave it broken. Its odd that a company of GL's caliber would pull such a stunt, but MC:S was probably just a test of the servers so when NOVA comes it runs smooth.

1] You're seriously comparing a monster AppStore company to some Indian dude? Lmao..
    2] I simply don't know where to begin with that statement. Do you honestly, in your little head, think that the average consumer cares that much about shills that they won't buy an iDevice?? Lmao! Dude, seriously, most people aren't as OCD about this issue as you are.
    3] No need to think again, I'm rest assured that GL isn't going anywhere.
    4] Like I said before. GL = $$$ in Apple's pocket. Apple isn't going to ban them. Get it through your head.

You "speaking out" on blah blah blah won't really "push" GL to make the game good. I'm pretty sure they're aware of the problem. And instead of wasting your time, you could just move on to COD: Zombies or Eliminate if you want an FPS experience, instead of b*tching & moaning for an update to come.