Gameloft is review spamming Modern Combat.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Slayher, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Please don't.

2. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    This really isnt shocking at all. Im not buying any gameloft games from now on.

3. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes... whatever you say...

What if Gameloft was comissioned by Infinity Ward to make Call of Duty? What if such a game was fantastic? Would you not buy it just because it was made by Gameloft?

4. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I am new to this forum but so far I find it almost an infraction to love Gameloft and a commendation to love Ngmoco! I can't understand this hate when it's just as simple of not buying a game if you dont like it, i find the need to hate Gameloft unsettling.

5. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Very disappointing for Gameloft to stoop so low. The string of 5-star reviews from people who have only reviewed MC:S, or MC:S and a few other Gameloft or free games really reeks of shilling. :mad:

They need to make amends to the entire gaming community by lowering the price to 99 cents, at least until they resolve the disappointing multiplayer issue. I really hope a Gameloft rep is reading this thread--> people on this forum are very aware of shill reviewers and don't hesitate to make others aware of it as well!

6. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    #46 Hmar9333, Dec 8, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
    +1 :)

I can understand people disliking or even hating Gameloft and their games, but jeez, when us people who judge a game by the game and by its own merits, and not the company that created it, are having a lovely discussion in, eg, a release thread, it is just not wanted or needed for someone to come in and say 'Dis GaEm sUx coz itZ GaemLoft'

We also don't need people starting threads as to why they think Gameloft sucks (such as this thread). I don't really care if they faked those reviews, it's a good game that deserves at least 4 stars anyway, and a lot of the bad reviews that were there were there because the customer was either
    a) Stupid
    b) Chronic Gameloft hater

/rant

Footnote:
    Sorry if that is was hard to understand, I'm tired, grumpy, and typing on my iPod.

7. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Edit: duplicate post

8. SarcasticGamer

SarcasticGamer Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    It's really funny that anti gameloft threads are created by new members and more senior members will automatically agree or believe what they have to say. I remember a post made by a one post member that MC multiplayer update was cancelled and immediately senior members believes that post unconditionally. Look at all the gameloft threads, new members pledging hate come out of the wood work always! It's the opposite of shill, rival companies or indie devs and theirs followers are out to discredit Gameloft!

9. SarcasticGamer

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    Look at this post, made by new member. Didn't he realize that a lot of gameloft games are localized in Italian, how can they make a shill review in poor italian when they have an Italian localization team that writes perfect Italian. Now looks at how a senior member agreed to this post without blinking an eye! It's always the same cycle.

10. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    The OP is so right.

Went through the reviews. Nearly 90% of the "5 star" reviews on Dec. 7th are FIRST TIME REVIEWERS!

LOL. That's too funny. I'm giving each of those reviews a negative rating and also contacting Apple.

11. SarcasticGamer

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    The day Gameloft decides to leave Iphone development will be a great field day for all Indie devs!

12. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    A lot of us feel let down by Gameloft because their games are so shallow.. Its true theyve given us a lot of game types you normally wouldn't find in the App Store, but they all have one thing in common: generic shallowness. Its like their simply placeholder games until something more concrete and defined comes along. That's where all the negativity comes from. And hey, those of us who dislike Gameloft aren't nearly as single-minded about it as those who support Gameloft. Thinking of a particular person here, but will not name names :p

13. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #53 c0re, Dec 8, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
    I'm not a pro-Gamelofter (more an opposite), but according to this latest news, it really seems to be a conspirational move against Gameloft.
    Plus, Gameloft is actually making so much profit that they just don't need to post fake 5-star reviews.

Is suspect it to come from one or several indies/small studios, because of Gameloft massively ruling the appstore game market.

14. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    Haha, some of the names are hilarious "the upnp problem can be fixed" or "asjkhf".

And again, they ALL have 1 review posted, on Dec. 7th, talking about the same UPNP problem and giving the game 5 stars. Not a review before that, not a review after that. Just one review.

Gameloft reached a new low. I hope Apple removes ALL those reviews and Gameloft's rating for the game drops to 1 star again.

15. SarcasticGamer

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    See that's what I'm talking about.

16. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    You know, instead of hating on GL on an internet forum, you could just, ohhhh I don't know..not buy their games? Hmm, there's an idea.

I don't consider myself a GL fanboy, but they do bring good titles to the iDevice platform, no matter how "shallow" or "copycat" they may be. They have good graphics, and fun gameplay. This is all imo, but I'm not one of those people that pick each and every flaw out of games and put it on blast. Would you rather have a cheaper/knockoff version of a game on your iDevice, or not have one at all?

17. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Are you reading the same story I am? This story has nothing to do with Gameloft or any type of "conspiratorial move against Gameloft." The dev in question had a clear history of shill reviews; for Gameloft, this seems to be a new strategy to counteract the one- and two-star reviews that have become prevalent since the ill-fated multiplayer update.
    I'm not a Gameloft-lover or hater...I have a few of their games but I am not a fanboy. My only issue is with the shill reviews. Here's hoping that Gameloft reads the story--which is national news, not just on macrumors--and stops the shilling.

18. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    I also just sent in "tips" to TUAW and emailed MC on TechCrunch, so we'll see if they pick up the "Gameloft is a Cheater" story. Should make for some AWESOME (and by awesome I mean bad) press for Gameloft.

Stay tuned!

19. SarcasticGamer

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    There is a conspiracty to discredit gameloft, and I was informed by another forum member who is pretending to be a ngmoco fanboy that he received an email to participate in the discrediting revolution.

20. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    Good thing i bought Dungeon Hunter and Real Tennis when i did...