Gameloft is review spamming Modern Combat.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Slayher, Dec 8, 2009.

1. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    one guys review name is 'an elaborate accounting hoax'.. TA member or not-so-canny gameloft employee :confused:

2. y0m0uth

y0m0uth Active Member

Jul 5, 2009
    any of you idiot take time out to think hmm... maybe real ppl gave it 5s and some were lazy enough to just copy and paste the comments? what is this forum like anti-gameloft? hopp off...

#okbye

3. SuperSlovak

SuperSlovak Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Wow somehow it went from 2 stars to 4 stars overnight hmmm very strange indeed

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Get real, fanboy.

5. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Well, they do have 4,000 employees. And it only takes one crooked SOB to review shill. It's very possible.

6. M4A1

M4A1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    lol

There is a string of about 120 straight comments that are all 5 star ratings with copy-paste comments for Modern Combat. There is ABSOLUTELY no chance the customers are that happy with it. Gameloft is obviously gaming the reviews system. And it's more sad than anything. Shame on you Gameloft! Shame!!!

lol

7. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    I think it's funny reguardless of who did it. But it does deserve a high rating despite the multiplay problems.

8. debtOFskittles

debtOFskittles Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Exactly, which makes me think it really wasn't them. They couldn't afford, being such a big operation, to wreck their operation over a star rating when it can easily shoot back up after they fix the game. It's probably either people trying to take Gameloft down, or a group of fans defending their favorite developers. I'm not sure, but it just doesn't make sense for it to be Gameloft! Maybe it's employees who have bonuses riding on star ratings?

9. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Well, this might just be me, but it's a type of marketing technique. It may not be good, but it's working.

Modern Combat Sandstorm had a high rating before the update. After the update, it shot straight down with all the 1 ratings. Obviously, this game is not a horrible game; it's amazing. Gameloft wants to keep the rating up because they know they'll fix the multi soon. They don't want a fix for multi to come out when MCS has a two star rating.

10. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Quoting myself

11. gelas_plastik

gelas_plastik Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    I get it and I agree with you .. I don't think GL can sink that low to get more sale on Modern Combat .. they've already making a lot of money out of this game, and why they even bother to do something that definitely will ruin out their future reputation ..

The way I see this, GL gain nothing on this, but their competitor does .. and I really don't believe that a company with 4000+ capable of doing something silly as this .. it just too amateur ..

In any case, we can report to apple if we think there's something wrong on the review, can we?

12. whatever

whatever Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2009
    #32 whatever, Dec 8, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
    Guys, 95% of App Store consumers neither visit TA to see this thread nor scroll through multiple pages of reviews to find the shill ones; they just look at the rating. So I'd say the reward far outweighs the risk for Gameloft in this case.

EDIT: Not that I'm saying they're doing it, simply that it would be logical to, contrary to what other people have stated.

13. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Wow, This forum is so Anti-Gameloft and pro-ngmoco. I myself enjoyed about 5 gameloft games including Driver and modern combat while I enjoy 2 Ngomoco games Rolando 2 and Eliminate.

14. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    So many people enjoyed Modern Combat, am i the only one who found it incredibly boring..? :confused:

15. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Gameloft have better stuff to do with their time.

They don't need the added rating boost, their games are good enough.

If you don't like Gameloft keep it too yourself, these hate threads are getting old.

16. EB1089

EB1089 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Student
    #36 EB1089, Dec 8, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
    I saw how Modern Combat had like 2 stars over the weekend and was like 'what' and then started to read about the UPNP problems people were having. That's curious...hmm... Whether it's Gameloft or not I really don't care. I'm in the very small minority of gamers that simply doesn't care to play online anyway. Even on my console, I just don't care for online multiplayer stuff. Single-player campaigns and local co-op all day, though.

17. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    And I hate people like you who then go and rate the app 1 star and try to get their money back not because the game is bad, or doesn't work, but because of what the company did.

That's like me buying a game like Mirror's Edge (the console version) raving about the fact that it rocks, and then, because EA paid IGN to give them a 10, telling everyone that the game is terrible... it just makes no sense!

18. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    I completely agree, if you hate Gameloft with a passion, (as many of you do), STFU and GTFO.

Also, might I add, these 'Gameloft Haters' seem to either buy/pirate the game and enjoy it, just to rant about how terrible it is, or how another app (usually by ngmoco) is soooooo much better.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike ngmoco or anything of the sort, actually I quite enjoy almost all of their games, but seriously man, the F***!?

19. kdaddy

kdaddy Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Webbie Designer
    Seatle
    I completely agree with you.. Haters are using this opportunity to say Shits.. If it hurts you so much, quit talking about them, Forget them, Enjoy other Games, Dont write about them, dont view there Games Trade.. To Me Gameloft is the God of Iphone games.. Hater can think otherwise, I don't care.. The new Update even included an option to play previously played levels in different mode (Easy, Hard & Extreme) without starting from level 1. Isn't this beautiful?.. People stop all this and appreciate the fact that Gameloft bothered less about Java games and started producing games for Iphone, Visit there forum and see how people are demanding for more java games..

20. And_75

And_75 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    L.A.
    1) I love Gameloft games, I have 10+ of them
    2) I don't have anything wrong with them taking inspiration from other past games, i think they do a wonderfull job on the iDevice

3) However, let me tell you that they ARE spamming reviews. This tread just confirms what I saw for some apps in the italian Appstore.

This is MY STORY:
    I'm from Italy, but when NFL 2010 came out, it was only in the US, so I had to create a US account to get it. Then it got the update and it was even better.

a few days ago was released in italy as well, and of course the update was embedded in it since it came out after the update. I checked the reviews and they were written in an extremely poor italian, with wrong sentence contruction and grammar error. It was obviously the result of a poor translation software.
    On top of that, one of the review was the italian equivalent of "updating makes games better". Now, how can an italian user cite an update that was never released in the italian store since it came embedded in the version released?

So, I decided to check Gameloft's website, and I saw this is a common practice for them. In the section "mobile games", the reviews for NBA pro 2010 were all written again in poor italian and an obvious result of a poor translation tool.

This is a terrible from Gameloft. Someone should inform apple about this.