Gameloft - FREEMIUM

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KPOPLOVER, Jul 23, 2012.

1. KPOPLOVER

KPOPLOVER Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Seoul, South Korea
    honestly, how do you feel about gameloft now ?

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #2 awp69, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
    Well, I'm actually glad to see that they are mixing things up again. For a while there it seemed they were going to go the completely freemium route. With NOVA 3, they showed that wasn't the case.

And Asphalt 7: Heat was ridiculously underpriced IAPS and all. No need for IAPs and a $.99 price tag with an unbelievable amount of content.

They've made some pretty crappy decisions with game pricing and experimentation. And, of course, they'll always be slammed for their "cloning" of games, but recent releases are showing some signs of improvement on both fronts.

I still think their games are very bloated and occassionally plagued with tons of bugs. It's amazing to me to see how good looking a game by a developer like Madfinger can be and take up so little space. And then there's Gameloft thinking that it's okay to continually crack the 1 GB+ game size. Not everyone has 64GB devices.

All-in-all, it's a case by case basis for me. Some games are crap. Some are actually pretty good.

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Gameloft is obviously not going freemium only. Nova 3, TASM, Asphalt 7 and TDKR. Looking good :)

4. My opinions of the major companies like Gameloft and EA is much improved. Gameloft was disappointing in the past due to their path for a while to freemium, but with Asphalt 7 and Nova 3, they have redeemed themselves. EA too I like now with all their 99 cent sales of their hd ipad versions.

Now I got some great games for cheap, and they are really well made. I love Asphalt 7, hope they comeout with a new starfront collision, and if they could make some good shmups or dual stick shooters.