Gameloft, either support the iControlPad or make a iControlPad type accessory already

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by wikoogle, Oct 9, 2010.

1. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    lol when did I say dual analogue gaming is stupid? I never did.
    All of my "hardcore" gaming is done on my PS3. I never play games on my PC because it isn't good enough.

I do think the "iControlPad" is stupid, and I can tell from looking at that photo that it would be uncomfortable for me (I don't need to try it because I can see that it would be uncomfortable).

I know that I wouldn't buy it, but I never said that it shouldn't be made or that developers shouldn't support it.

2. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    Wikoogle do you have ADD? Seriously calm the he'll down. Besides the one guy complaining about unfair advantage in MP, not one person has said it should not be supported. Re-read the thread you friggin nutcase. You are arguing with thin air. Everyone just seems to think, myself included, that those control pad add-ons look like pieces of junk. We are just as entitled to our opinion as you are to yours.

Again I will repeat, no one is saying they should not be supported. It's not our fault you have to be jailbroken to use it just as it's not our fault they haven't seen the light of day despite 3+ years of development. All your whining and complaining on this thread isn't going to change a damn thing about that.

3. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #23 Cilo, Oct 9, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
    The iOS platform does not need a hardware controller. Why go that route? It'll just create a nonchalant attitude towards developing creative ways to implement touch/gyro/accelerometer controls in games. Also I doubt myself and a lot of others are going to buy cargo pants big enough to carry these things.

Plus people want to touch the experience. The demand for hardware buttons can go with a DS or PSP which is a much cheaper route for a mobile gaming experience.

4. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I did a comparison with Hero of Sparta on the PSP Go and the iPhone. And even though I thought the tactile controls would feel better... honestly, I didn't notice much of a difference at all. I didn't have the problem with my fingers sliding off the glass (if I were playing on the iPhone), but other than that, the physical controls really didn't make the iPhone gaming feel as inferior as I thought it would. They're about on-par, honestly.

Compared to second-rate resistive touch screens, of course the controls on a physical controller are better. No doubt about that at all. But in this day and age of the most advanced touch screen technologies, and capacitive touch technology all around us, plus the superior glass screen of the iPhone: Physical controls are not as necessary as you think.

Still would be fun to try it out, though. :)

Bonus comment: Marketing something with the initials of "iCP"? Really? Not a good idea at all, considering a certain band that certain people may or may not despise. Bleck.

5. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #25 Cilo, Oct 9, 2010
    I said this before in another thread, if a company can make a hardware input as slim as a slider case or bumper with a transparent button overlay for the front screen face, I'd be more than happy to put my money down. But these iControllers and iBones look ridiculous.

Rofl at ICP!

Also one last comment on FPS controls with the trouchscreen not being precise, try battling these pros in the Eliminate thread here on TA. I'm sure they would have something to say about that.

6. deputy

deputy Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    New York
    Touch screen gaming has always worked just fine for me. The OP suggests that there are tons of gamers who are more familiar with hardware controls, and that's true; but those people have their Xboxes and Playstations for playing games. The iPhone doesn't need an extra accessory. It sounds like you're just a bit frustrated that an accessory you want is taking such a long time to be released.

7. wikoogle

wikoogle Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    #27 wikoogle, Oct 9, 2010
    Fixed.

8. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    What is this ad-libs? I'm assuming this thread is done, I wish I could hit the lock button just once . . . maybe on my birthday?

9. wikoogle

Jun 10, 2009
    Fixed as in read the quote. I corrected all the false statements made and addressed that argument.

I can't believe I'm actually having to explain this concept to someone with 808 posts. :p

10. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    OP, I don't mean any rudeness in this next statement, but you seriously need to lay off the Wheaties. And for the sake of all that is fluffy, stop pouring so much sugar on your oatmeal. :(

11. wikoogle

Jun 10, 2009
    #31 wikoogle, Oct 9, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
    Yeah yeah, we all know the routine.

When you can't attack the points/facts that a person makes (the fact that dual analog shooters are insanely popular, and the ridiculous almost absurds amount of sales they generate, and that iPhone gaming would greatly benefit from attracting gamers who spend that kind of cash on games)...

resort to personal attacks. People like Outkast and ScottColbert have a pretty long history on here of acting like assholes and douchebags to other posters rather than respond with actual points. So it's pretty well established practice by now.

P.S: wheaties is awesome, so shush.

12. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    I myself would love to try the icp for fps alone, I have alot of trouble playing fps on the iPhone without my thumbs getting in the way and the aiming with the touchscreen seems next to impossible for me although I'm still having a blast with modern combat: black pegusus even though I'm getting my ass kicked, that would all change and I would be the one kicking ass if I had the icp( if it actually works well ).. I personally don't think there will ever be a good replacement for analog controls in the fps genre.
    I also love the touchscreen controls for almost all my other iPhone games.

13. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

You might be taken seriously if you didn't come across like a petulant 12 year old. Doubtful, though. FPS's do play ok on a touch screen, nothing like a keyboard/mouse combo but well enough. Don't you think if this was actually workable one would have been out by now, and not in development hell?