iPad Gameloft – Wild West Guns (now out $0.99)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by querty, Jan 27, 2009.

1. goblues11

goblues11 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    me too

2. Rhino

Rhino Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    hey everyone, this is a really nice game. extremely polished, nice graphics, fun game play, and a nice pick up and play title. yea, it's 4.99, but that's gameloft for ya. i recommend this title.

3. Skateboard313

Skateboard313 Active Member

Jan 15, 2009
    #23 Skateboard313, Feb 12, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
    I got it just because it's Gameloft lol support man! Support!

Ok jus played it a lil bit! Put it on hard and you will have fun! It's just a fun simple shooter! Very responsive zero lag on a 1g iPod touch

4. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    This game is a lot better than you'd expect...and hard! Lots of varied levels, the backgrounds are animated and you can shoot parts of it like wagons and windows and such. Very responsive, and the machine gun and shotgun are quite amusing. Don't lump this in with the other tap to shoot games, it is different and unique...lots of polish and thought put into it. Give it a shot...

5. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    #25 Mr. Charley, Feb 12, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2009

6. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    ^Heh..didn't see it before you edited...post an edited version?

7. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    He commented on how the price might go down to $2.99 same as Westward did, iirc.

I guess he edited it either because it isn't the same dev studio or quite frankly because he realized it was Gameloft and Gameloft never drops price so soon. It'll be at least a month or so before a price drop happens, if it happens.

Personally, I'm more interested in whether or not they'll be on point with the updates. Gameloft is notorious for not updating their games, and when they do update the games they friggin' gimp them (*points to Asphalt 4's accelerometer controls, a thing of beauty originally now made absolutely horrid with that last update).

8. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Wow, you guys caught me. Welll, spiffyone did at least. ;)
    Yeah, realized it wasn't the same dev as Westward after my post. Ooopsie-daisy.

But way to rat me out spiffyone. :)

9. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Nah, I ain't a rat :eek:

I just pointed it out because I think others on the fence and are awaiting a price drop should remember that this is Gameloft. It'll be several weeks if not months before they drop price. They milk what they can at the higher price point, though they've not been as successful with that strategy as Sega has with Monkey Ball. That thing has been $7.99 for a long time now, and never drops in price for sales or anything. Power of brand name + free "lite" version marketing, I guess.

10. Played quite a few of cheesy tap to shoot games and wasn't really blown away by any measure. Wild West Guns is way better than any of them currently available. I actually like this one quite a bit (it is what it is). The vultures with the rabbits is quite hard at times. Many hesistant for $5 price tag and for that I don't blame you but definitely add this one to your snipe list for $3 or so.

11. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Ive had WWG for a while and itvis a HIGHLY polished game (see my Appstore review, preferably from an iDevice for effect!), I agree with your sentiments mrbass. This isn't a normal tap-to-shoot, the animations, effects and just general interactivity and responsivness make this professionally developed game, IMO one of the best games available on the entire App Store!

12. 99c_gamer

99c_gamer Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    I was hooked on the lite version and decided to buy it. i paid full price for this game $4.99 and its definitely worth it if you like the lite version.
    Sometimes I worry that they put the best levels in the lite version but luckily the other levels are just as good maybe even better. The difficulty gets very hard and I've gotten much better/quicker and shooting targets and doing combos.

13. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Way to revive a month-old thread! :p

14. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Yeah, I got excited, I thought it went on sale or something.

15. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    but but.. it's more than 99c :p

glad to know you break the 99c barrier though, there are a lot of good games you might miss out otherwise.

16. Jacson-X

Jacson-X Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Borneo Island
    is drop to $1.99 now

17. mmadden2

mmadden2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    I would of course rather only pay a buck, but $1.99 = purchased!

Thanks for the heads up, Jacson-X.

18. 99c_gamer

99c_gamer Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    This game was fun while it lasted but I dont think I'll ever touch it again.

19. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    what the hell? I just bought it for 1.99 but it charged my account five bucks!!!!:mad:

AAAAAARRRRGH!!!!!

20. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
    its now $.99, I hope gameloft drops the price of assassins creed :D