iPad GameFaqs

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mattmanp, Jan 2, 2009.

1. mattmanp

mattmanp Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    The gamefaqs website has an iPhone and iPod game section: http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/iphone/. Anyone interested in writing up walkthroughs for some app store games and posting them on there? I'm going to try writing one up for 1112. It'd be nice to have an active place to go find what to do when stuck in a game.

2. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    That's going to be very helpful for non-hardcore players

3. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I post on that site pretty often.

I was one of those who was respectfully spreading the idea that iTouch/Phone was a viable game platform. Turned a few people onto the devices. Particularly the iTouch. Funny how even a "hardcore" game enthusiast site like GameFAQs had a bunch of people who were misinformed, thinking not only that one needed an iPhone to game (too expensive, many stated) having to be reminded of the iTouch, thinking that DS and PSP level games were absolutely impossible on Apple's touch screen portable/mobile devices, that no one was taking it seriously as a game platform, and there wasn't anything worth owning.

Some still think that (there's a lot of apathy for Apple as a whole, and tons for the very idea of gaming on an iPod style device), but others see that there's something there, something worth looking at. It kinda feels like MS's first step into home console gaming, when no one took them seriously (at least not the "hardcore" game console-centric gamers on that site).

The problem is that there's the ongoing fanboy wars, and Nintendo fanboys love to chide the Sony fanboys (and vice versa) about anything. So some of the Nintendo fanboys are going on about the iTouch/Phone and how it's already better at gaming than PSP, etc. Then there's the PSP owner backlash. It's all silly stuff.

I'll try to post reviews on that site, as FAQs simply aren't my thing. I've not done the latter for any game on any system.