Gamecenter achievements with unreliable internet coverage

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Mag, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    So I remember that I once gained an achievement at DrawRace2, but because I got it while I didnt have internet connection in the train it wasnt forwarded to gamecenter and I was unable to ever get that achievement again.

Is this a bug unique to drawrace2 or is it just the way gamecenter works?
    Are there games which work around this issue? Which ones? Or which don't?

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    As far as I know, Game Center itself stores achievement data in offline mode and submits it once you come back online. It may not work for all games though and some games just have broken achievements that don't unlock no matter what.

So far, every achievement I ever got offline has been submitted once Internet was restored. Other players 'round here might have had different experiences though.

3. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I normally will check once an achievement is gotten after finishing up with the game or level, especially if offline. So far all of mine have been shown.
    So far....

4. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    So generally speaking I dont really have to worry

5. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    Some games just have glitched achievements

6. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    So I decided to test it with another game, Great Big War Game, and it's not working. Now have an achievement which is gained in the app but won't sync to GC because I got it while in offline mode (in the airplane)... :s

7. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Somehow by switching between the GC and LBWG apps it finally synced. Does anyone know if GC syncs every couple of minutes or is it triggered by certain actions.