iPad Gamebook Adventures 1: An Assassin in Orlandes

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Feb 7, 2010.

1. ChocoboLee

ChocoboLee Member

Aug 3, 2009
    I like the idea of having the fitness roll add 1 or substract 1 from your max dice roll. Can you make it so that each fitness attempt only substracts 2 from your fitness as oppose to 4?

2. ponyboy

ponyboy Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Story-line Question

Okay, I have played this game several times and really enjoy it. However, I have a question for the devs or anyone that finished the game:

(blocked out to avoid spoiling the various endings--highlight to view)

Every time I actually finish the game, the ending is not so good for my character. I.e. being banished after killing my malicious replica, etc. Also the whole issue with my ex--she being on the dark side and always seeming to be detrimental to my ending. Is there a different "happier" ending I should be aiming for or is this just one of the controversial stories that end up where the main character is banished and wanted for life? Either way I like the game and story, but I'd like to know...

3. TheTinMan

TheTinMan Well-Known Member

Indeed that is the plan. Or something like that.

4. TheTinMan

What version are you playing? The 1.1 update fixed a crucial bug which made the gamebook quite difficult to complete. There is really only one true way of completing it and you must complete a combination of actions to do so. You should be able to work it out, but PM me if you are really stuck.

5. benbritten

benbritten Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Technical Director for Mighty Games
    Melbourne, AU
    Hey Ponyboy,

There is an achievement called 'Win!' which you get if you find the 'ultimate ending'. I will say no more about what that ending entails, but if you have gotten that achievement, then you found it.

Cheers!
    -Ben

6. chainsawash

chainsawash Member

Feb 12, 2010
    So, how do you actually listen to music while playing? I tried this morning but whenever the game launches it stops playing whatever I'm listening to.

7. gunslinger

gunslinger Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    What about decreasing initial fitness value (+5 or +4)? Now its possible to get 12 and do not worry about any fitness test in future.

8. TheTinMan

Go to the options menu and turn off the intro. You should now be able to listen to your music.

9. TheTinMan

Not sure I understand you here gunslinger.

10. gunslinger

gunslinger Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    During character creation process you need to set the initial fitness value. You can do it by rolling a dice. The resulting number will be the sum of your dice and 6, so you can get 12. I suggest to sum the dice with 5 or 4 to make the game more challenging.

11. TheTinMan

Ah, I get you now gunslinger. Yeah that's a possibility - we're playing with a few options for later books. Thanks for the suggestion.

12. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Again an update this morning ! Thanks for taking such good care in correcting the bugs.

However I must admit that I don't really feel like playing again with the actual fight system. In one of the later fights, I spent maybe 5 minutes doing ties with the ennemy, which is annoying, to say the least.

13. TheTinMan

I hear ya vagrant. We'll try and roll out our modified battle system in the next update.

14. madam_octa

madam_octa Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    I have to say that I agree with you, except I spent 10min. Also I encountered something that was probably a bug- the enemy kept rolling the same exact numbers, I rolled 1,5,6,6,3,4 and he rolled the same. Same thing happened when he attacked me. That only happened once so it's not that big of a deal

15. Chaosprower

Chaosprower Member

Dec 28, 2009
    #115 Chaosprower, Feb 18, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
    I think there's a bug towards the end of the book...

When you escape from Eltair castle and return to Orlandes city's gates, they throw arrows at you and you must make a fitness check. I passed the fitness check but the book says the arrows hit me and my character dies.

Was it supposed to happen that way?

16. TheTinMan

Hi Chaosprower! Yes those last two fitness links do seem the wrong way round and we will fix them. I would say though that even with them fixed you will still be disappointed as both of them do not not lead to happy endings. Without giving too much away I suggest you re-think some of your decisions back in the castle if you want things to end on a potentially happier note. :)

17. bbobb

bbobb Member

Feb 19, 2010
    I keep trying but I can't seem to get the ultimate ending. Can anyone give me a quick hint on it? What items do I have to have before arriving at eltair castle to get it? I need to know if it's just that I'm missing something somewhere in the castle or that I need to go way back to find some missing things. I got the item that needed to be identified and got it identified so I have that, is there something else I'm missing?

18. TheTinMan

What version are you running? There was a slight bug with 1.0 that caused problems. Any update from vers 1.1 upwards should fix that. Thanks.

19. bbobb

bbobb Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Been running on 1.0, but just plugged in my ipod and got the newest update, I'll give that a try as soon as I get a chance tonight.

20. bbobb

bbobb Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Just went through the castle a few more times, for the life of me I can't seem to find a path that leads to the ultimate ending, is it because I'm missing the silver dagger enrich or whatever it's called?