Game Programmer Needed - Game Designer Looking For Game Programmer

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by iProdigy, Jun 16, 2015.

1. iProdigy

iProdigy Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Hello,

I am looking to form a partnership with a like minded, experienced game programmer who is looking to do big things in the world of mobile gaming. As the game programmer, I would need you to devote at least 10+ hours a week to our projects.

You can use any game engine that you feel most comfortable with:
    Unity3D
    Cocos2dx
    Corona SDK
    Unreal Engine
    etc.

Our projects would be relatively simple. I am looking to make similar games to this company: (http://www.ketchappgames.com/), and make deals with them to publish our games. In essence, I am looking to get a publisher on board to publish our games as the App Store is insanely crowded. However, if you are not into this idea, I would be open to have the discussion about the self publishing route.

The game industry, especially mobile, is a lot like the music industry where it takes one big hit to make money. If you can’t get that hit game, you pretty much starve. So, having said that, my goal is to pop out as many games as I can and as fast as I can whilst maintaining quality. I would like to aim to complete one game per month.

This is a field that I am deeply passionate about. I have two completed games, one on the App Store, and one about to ship. My first game was featured by Apple and downloaded 25,000+ times. So, if you partner with me now, I would obviously be willing to split the equity of my soon to be shipped game.

Failure is not an option for me, and if you join my team we will succeed. I am looking to live a life of freedom. I can’t see myself doing the 9-5 for much longer. So, if you think the same way as I do, let’s make some amazing games!

If you are interested in working with me, let’s set up a meeting as soon as possible and get to know each other. I will show you my work, and you can show me your work.

Thanks in advance

2. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    What exactly is your skill set? Are you an artist or is this just a make my game for me?

3. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    We formed a few partnerships on a game by game bases. Our team has one game that made over $100,000USD a month working with a publisher and our team went it alone and is pulling in $300 to $1,000USD a day on a series of stickman games and a new one has just been published. We have good success in China. We put out games once the art and idea is completed within a week using Coco2dx. We are always interested in new opportunities. Contact me at [email protected] . Working remote is not the best option, we try to do everything with all members involved in the same room at the same time.

4. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    #4 1stSPIN, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    Here is a bit of experience I will share. My main person is a program from Guangzhou. He is very sharp and thinks outside the box of logic to creative. He travels to Shenzhen and we work together in one room. The games are tested while we work and at lunch and dinner. We start in the morning at 8 am and go to about 11pm with only 15 20 mins for meals which we get down stairs. We don't work in the office because it would mean more traveling distance and do all of the work in a hotel 1 block from my home. After our 8th game we tried 2 games by remote and we wasted a lot of time. The games did not get finished until we got together. Normally it will take us 2 to 5 days to finish 1 to 2 casual games. This is great because it gives us a real model to test our various marketing approaches. We are looking for more talent and so far it is hard to find anyone in China who is truly in love with what they do. I had an office with 11 people building a few websites that should take about 3 to 6 months, they took 3 years and never really finish any of them. I tested a company in the USA who solicited me. I gave them a game we did but not under the 1stSPIN name and asked how much $ and how much time would it take to make that game. After a few days they wrote back and said the bare bones would take 30 to 60 days and it would cost about $15,000USD. The money was not the factor that troubled me it was a game we programmed in 2 days would take 30 to 60 days and that could be double with the bouncing back and forth by email, phone etc. It would take a life time to get out enough games needed to understand this market.

My suggestion is you try hard to find someone in your city where the 2 of you can get together and work on the program. If you are supplying the art you can make changes on the spot to things that don't work.

5. SuperUltraHyper

SuperUltraHyper Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2015
    #5 SuperUltraHyper, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    Good luck finding enough skilled people to form a decent sized team while working 19 hours a day. If you own the company, maybe. I wouldn't expect many employees to live up to that expectation though.

@iProdigy - More information about your self would be nice... and show that you have thought this through.

6. drewster71

drewster71 New Member

Aug 3, 2015
    I know the thread's a little old -- I read your plan of making games and getting Ketchapp to publish them -- there are a few other threads here where some seem worried about Ketchapp "stealing" games -- i.e., not publishing your game but making a quick clone of it instead.

What role do you have in mind (for yourself)? Graphic design? Idea Man? Programmer? What was your role in the game you published? (What game is it?)

Thanks!

7. RareSloth

RareSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Yeah really, no one honestly say they can sustain a 19 hour day of productive and efficient work.