Universal Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series (Episode 5 now available!)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Dec 4, 2014.

1. fuglyslutRG

fuglyslutRG Member

Mar 31, 2012
    Absolutely unplayable on iPhone 5S. The QTE sequences are impossible with the current lag issues, along with the aforementioned audio and low battery performance. But when I can't even time simple taps after trying THREE TIMES due to the delay in gameplay, I think I'd deserve a refund.

TL;DR don't buy if you have anything older than a iPhone 6, or you're wasting your money.

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Heh...believe it or not, this thing runs like absolute garbage on an iPhone 6 too. :/

3. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Apart from a sometimes audio word repeat it works fine on my iPad Air. I bought this ages ago and only just began playing it the other day. Got through the 1st episode very quick but was very immersive. I don't know if different decisions affect the outcome at all but it's fun.

I offered one guy the sentinel job but when the meeting convened gave it to the other and the 1st guy got real mad but even though it was fun I don't know if it changed any outcomes. Even if it doesn't it's fun to play to watch the different scenarios play out but I would much prefer if it affected the outcome which I'm not sure it does or not.

I bought the 2nd episode and will be getting the rest.

4. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Bought a PS4 a couple of weeks back. Bought ep 1 of this for the console based on the iOS issues. Shame really but might opt to play TellTale games on the playstation rather than the ipad.

Aside from Walking Dead thanks to save game history.

5. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Game Impressions

The storytelling in GoT is really the best that telltale ever has developed or written.
    After playing the two episodes with 3 different save files im absolutly overwhelmed how different the story can change from game to game.
    Thanks a lot to Telltale for this genius Game. I hope i can work for your team one day and develop even better stories.
    Winter is coming!

6. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Hi Ghostdog,

Could you comment on space management and the two episodes? Can you delete episode 1? How much space does it take with episode 2 installed?

Thanks.

7. Apricosomoso

Apricosomoso Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Where are the nudity tho???

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Sorry for the super delayed reply.

No, you can't delete the first episode, but the second one doubles the size of the app bringing it to 1.5 GB. I'm presuming every episode will clock in around the 750 MB mark.

9. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    No need to apologize, by all means.

Oh my, that's a very large size. I assume you can delete the second one, though, right?

Has the latest update fixed the performance and audio concerns?

Thanks.

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yep, of course. Episodes 2-5 can be deleted.

Regarding the latest update...I wouldn't know. :p Even though the first episode ran terribly compared to Borderlands, I didn't have any audio issues with it. Episode 2? Yep, had problems with it...but I deleted it almost instantly after finishing the episode.

11. Ghostdog1

Jan 30, 2015
    #111 Ghostdog1, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    Double post

12. Ghostdog1

Jan 30, 2015
    For me the last update did fix all performance and audio issues. On ipad air this game runs perfect.

I'm really in love with GoT. Compared to The Wolf Among Us it takes the nonlinear storytelling on to the next level. To have so many characters in so many places and to connect every decision or scene with all other storylines gives you the feeling of a butterfly effect. After 4 playthroughs i know how different the story can unfold.
    Tales From The Borderland was written very funny but did lack the deep emotional component of GoT. Also after two playthroughs TftB with completely different decisions only one thing at the end of the story did change. This was a bit disappointing.
    Game of Thrones is the best telltale adventure ever made. Even when you only play the two episodes you will realize it.

13. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Oh my, very high praise here. :)

Any of you playing on an iPad 3? Or, putting it differently, what devices are you playing it on?

Apologies if answered in previous threads, I'm on my phone at the moment.

Thanks!

14. Ghostdog1

Jan 30, 2015
    Episode 3 is out now.

15. Ghostdog1

Jan 30, 2015
    Truely liked the shorter scenes and jumps to different locations in episode 3. This telltale game has so much replay value although it has for now only 3 episodes. There is so much weight in taking decisions so that i would wish there would be a Life is Strange rewind button. But this would also take away the moral dilemma you are taken in. I look forward to the day where i can play all 6 episodes in a row. This will be mindblowing. Thanks a lot telltale for this great game.

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yep, agree with the above post. Episode 3 was just incredible. I stopped playing about 15 minutes ago and I'm still catching my breath. If you thought you had tough choices in The Walking Dead (first season), you haven't seen anything yet. Some of the sequences were absolutely nerve-wracking and considering this is Game of Thrones we're talking about...you really never know what to expect as a consequence of your actions. Brilliant episode. I cannot wait for the next one and I'm so glad there's a 6th this time 'round.

17. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    episode 4 available now!

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Damn you RR! Damn you for posting this. Time to make sure those heart strings are in proper order. :p

19. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    LOL, i know that feeling :D, quite a week isnt it?

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Weak week.

I DARE ANYONE TO BLOODY SAY THAT!