Universal Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series (Episode 5 now available!)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Dec 4, 2014.

1. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    The books are just as sexually explicit.

2. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    They are sexually explicit, but not "just as sexually explicit." HBO is in a league of its own.

3. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    They actually cut a lot of sex scenes out that appear in the books. And they are often more depraved than those that appear in the show. Ie daenerys wedding, far more scenes in whore houses, female characters are often younger etc.

4. kfelicity85

kfelicity85 Member

May 2, 2013
    Love this game so much! Enjoyed it more than the Tales from the Borderlands' first episode (although I love TftB too)... I loved the first episode of Game of Thrones so much that I went straight to the video store and rented season 1-3 because I had never seen the show before. I was never interested in the show until I played this game..... Seriously hooked and now a huge new fan!!!

5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I thought episode 2 was out already?

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Nah buddy...8th of February. This update was just preparing for Ep. 2. Shame it wasn't a delta update.

7. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Ah that makes sense, I did read that but I could swear that I had previous seen that it was released. Maybe just the news it was coming and I didn't read it all.

Although my fiancée has played chapter one I haven't gotten around to it yet. I did Borderlands like 3/4 times though.

8. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I had the exact same problems when using a controller with TWAU, so it seems to be an ongoing problem with Telltale's engine. I found it annoying enough that I just stopped trying to play it with a controller. For the most part it's very well suited to touch controls anyway.

9. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    While the books often refer to people having sex, a much smaller percentage of the books is devoted to describing the actual sex compared to how much time the show spends showing sex scenes.

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Episode 2 is out, ladies and germs. :)

11. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    A question on how the episodes work in terms of space on the device - apologies for the naivety.

To play episode 1, you need to download the main app, correct? How much does that take? (Let's call it X1 for the time being).

Now, if I want to play Episode 2, and Episode 2 takes "X2" space, do I need to have space for X1 + X2, or can I just have X2?

What about Episode 3? will I need to have:
    X1 + X2 + X3?
    X3 only?
    X1 + X3?

Sorry for the question here, but my iPad runs low on space in general :)

Thanks.

12. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  13. Kedens

Kedens Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Graphic Design/Illustration
    Rochester, NY
    #93 Kedens, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    Episode 2 Has been downloading for well over an hour and without a percentage indicator I've no idea what's going on... Anyone else experience this?

Edit: turned out I forgot to update the app to the latest version. Once I hit update and let it install, the second episode downloaded promptly, percentage indicator and all!

14. Kedens

Kedens Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Graphic Design/Illustration
    Rochester, NY
    This game allows you to uninstall episodes after you play them (while retaining your game save progress) to free space. Only thing I'm not sure on is whether you can remove episode 1 in any manner.

15. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Thanks Kedens.

Does anyone have the installed space after episode 2, and whether or not one can uninstall episode 1?

Cheers!

16. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    Anyone else having trouble during the first fight scene with being unable to cause an action to avoid death.

It shows a double circle to interact with to do the next move but a single tap, tapping, swiping and making a circle with my finger do nothing.

Any hints would be appreciated.

17. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Game Impressions

Ipad air ios 8.1.3

Dear devs, the audiofiles don't work properly. There are so many words, that are said twice. Mostly to the end of a sentence. Its like a short loop of the last said word. Played episode one and two. In both versions it's totaly destroying the atmosphere. Please fix this.

18. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Hate to bump up my post, but anyone who has the game with both episodes would be so kind as to look up the size of the app with episode 2 installed, and confirm whether one can uninstall episode 1?

Thanks in advance, and apologies for the trouble.

19. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    also the game misidentified ipad air 2 as lower ipad. most of the graphics effect are gone on ipad air 2 but works fine on iphone 6/6plus.

20. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    #100 worldcitizen1919, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015

Glad I found someone who has the same problem. I just finished the 1st episode and noticed some words repeated twice. Bit of a bummer but I LOVE this game and have purchasd the second episode and will purchase the rest. This is storytelling at its very best.