Universal Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series (Episode 5 now available!)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Dec 4, 2014.

1. BluePaladin

BluePaladin Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Spain
    Silly question; will this run on my ipad2?

2. jamesmcadams82

jamesmcadams82 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    So, I'm definitely getting this. Absolutely adore Telltales games. What I was wondering is how this compares to the console versions? I'm getting a PS4 for Christmas, and I like the idea of playing this on the big screen but the controls on the previous iOS games make it really hard to imagine how this works with traditional controls (which is quite an endorsement).

Given the option, if portability wasn't a factor but controls really were, what version would you recommend?

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    iOS, easily. It's been proven to be that traditional point and click games have never been more at home than on touchscreens. Of course with PC, you get more bells and whistles as far as graphics go, but the controls make all the for difference to me at least. There's something very intimate about playing Telltale games when they're in the palm of your hand.

4. Rubyjourney

Rubyjourney Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Does this work with the original mini? (Back to work)

5. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I would agree if we're talking strictly about iPad. The small screen of the iPhone (even 6) takes a lot away from the experience.

6. Tutt22

Tutt22 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Loving the game! But it drains the battery on my 6plus like crazy! Anyone else experiencing this?

7. jamesmcadams82

jamesmcadams82 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Ah, that's fine. I have an iPad Air. Thanks to both of you!

8. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Very laggy on ipad mini. And the voice is awful. Sometimes i hear 3-4 times the same word. Needs update immediately.

9. Cagey75

Cagey75 Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2014
    1/6th of ...

Is every ep going to be 4.99?? because it'll end up as dear as a console game in that case.

10. Kizmatti

Kizmatti Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Get an Apple TV and mirror it to your TV. Then your portable and can play it on big screen when at home.

11. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Only just begun watching the TV series and I've seen the first 6 episodes. I know many have asked this but would it be better for me to watch the show first or is the story of this not directly related to the show?

12. Aleric

Aleric New Member

May 11, 2014
    Every episode will be $4.99, but you can buy a season pass for $19.99 (+$4.99 for app) so you can save $5 buying in advance. Also it is of console game caliber (it's on Xbox, PS4, and PC/Mac) so its worth the price. Rather that than a ton of IAP, also the episodic price allows you to buy the additional episodes if you like it, if not its only $5.

13. toptrops

toptrops Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2014
  14. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    BUY BUTTON SMASHED sooooooooooo HARD

[​IMG]

15. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Looks like Winter literally "came" all over that iPhone :D ;) lmao

This is my first Telltale game on the iOS and i'm a bit disappointed... perhaps because I expected the experience to be on par with the PC version? I finished TWD on the PC so I had no clue how the iOS version was.

GoT however, I played it on the PC at a friend's house yesterday before trying it on my iPhone 6 today. The frame rate seems to be between 20-30 while the PC version seems much, much smoother. Edges are also much more crisp on the PC compared to the iPhone version which seemed blurred.

Oh well - I hope I get used to it soon since i've already invested in the iPhone version.

16. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Has anyone played through this yet? I want to discuss PLOT.

17. Flip90

Flip90 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Hi any chance they have added cloud saves to this as I know The wolf among us didn't have it. Just because I would like to play on iPhone then continue on ipad.

Cheers

18. Flunkie

Flunkie Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    I suggest NeoGAF.

19. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Yeaaaahhhh no thanks.

20. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

I've finished it on PC. What did you want to discuss? The
    grim ending?

They don't do Cloud Saves on PC so I guess we won't get them on iOS anytime soon.