Game Logo - Need Advice!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Eggsavior, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Eggsavior

Eggsavior Active Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Hi everyone, I'd like to identify myself as a developer... Well, I am not a programmer myself, but I'm responsible for development of a nice little game called Eggcellence. We decided to start from something simple, as most of our team is not very experienced in game development.

The development process is (hopefully ;) at the final stage, and we are here to share some art with you. It's quite similar to what you'll see in a game when it's ready.

[​IMG]

Does it look good to you? Do you like the character? And what about the logo - should it look more playful, or is it just OK? (As a team, we have different opinions on it, so your advice might be really life-saving for us:)

2. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 9, 2011
    Games Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    I like how clean and pure the image in. Oddly enough the only thing I don't like is the logo. It just looks so plain and uninteresting. The artwork is top notch and has a great feel to it though. I should mention I am a programmer not an artist.

3. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    where is the logo?

that text with a bit of effect on it? hmm.. looks pretty generic.

The rest look ok.

4. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Love your artwork and the name. If the name is the logo you need to have it have the feel of the artwork. Good luck with the game

5. Awesome artwork but the logo does get a bit lost.

6. Eggsavior

Eggsavior Active Member

Mar 19, 2015
    That's exactly what I feel personally! Our artist is pleased to hear the overall feedback... but yeah, still some more work to do for us:)

7. Keep us updated!