Game idea - Platformer

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by TimothyR, Jan 11, 2009.

1. TimothyR

TimothyR Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Hey everyone... I just had an application idea for iPhone/iPod touch that I thought would be pretty cool.
    A game where you play through platforming levels, and you can also make your own levels. Sound familiar? It's LittleBigPlanet, on a portable system. Of course the name can change, and add some things to make it unique. Rolando was like LocoRoco on PSP, but different. We'd need to try that for LBP portable...

I'm not familiar at all with game-designing though, just thought I'd express this idea, in case any good iPhone game-developers want to try making it.
    If no one will, I can dream. :p

I have some shots I made on what the stage creator could be like, but I'm sure it would be hard making it work...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was thinking if you tap the name of the parts window, it will switch to other categories(platforms, special, draw, background, etc.). And you can be able to move the parts window to the other areas, for better view. The blue arrows lets you slide to the desired area for more space. And... you can change platform colors.

Any thoughts?

2. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    I think it's a great idea with lots of potential, but would need great effort.