Game Developer's Conference 2009 Roll Call

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by arn, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    I think horse out of barn at this point. :) We can easily move it upstairs later on in evening as group gets smaller.

arn

2. firemint

firemint Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Making games :D
    Melbourne, Australia
    It's not entirely impossible that some of us will have iPhones with us, so if we do relocate on the fly we could organise that via Twitter ;) I've started a #idu hashtag - not a drug reference (or is it... addictive games... hmmm...)

Is it worth doing semi-formal RSVPs to get an idea of numbers? As Sarah from IUGO has been kind enough to organise the particulars, perhaps we could impose on her further to start another thread exclusively for RSVPs (Arn - perhaps a sticky?) and update numbers as people post to that thread, maybe this format:

• 3 from Firemint - Alex (Community Cheerleader), Rob (CEO) and Kynan (Development Director).

That way it's easy to keep track of numbers by just scanning down the list.

We'd be delighted to provide some promo codes to give away at the event if that's of interest! Very much looking forward to meeting everyone :)

3. gnizama_Mitch

gnizama_Mitch Active Member

Mar 4, 2009
    Game Design
    California
    #63 gnizama_Mitch, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
    How about an evite? This should be the easiest way to manage who all is coming, and ensure a central destination for all information related to the meetup.

I'll be there, and probably with at least 1 other person.

Oh, and I'll save a few promo codes to pass out for anyone wanting a free copy of Sliders - Match 3 as well.

4. rcloudsoftware

rcloudsoftware Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Totally, lets do an evite.

Who wants to take responsibility and organize the evite?

Thanks
    Ryan

5. gnizama_Mitch

Mar 4, 2009
    Game Design
    California
    *Points to IUGOME*

6. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

LOL...ya, thanks.

Ok, I've sent one out...this is my first time using evite so bear with me. I obviously didn't have everyone's email address, so a few of you got it and a few of you didn't. Here's the invite:

Apple Developer's Union Party

So I'm hoping anyone can reply, even if they're not on the guestlist. Please go and reply! If I need to invite you please PM me your email addy.

Of course everyone please invite friends, buddies who are relevant to this gathering. And let me know if I'm missing something here.

7. gnizama_Mitch

Mar 4, 2009
    Game Design
    California
    #67 gnizama_Mitch, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
    I'm going to post the evite link on a couple LinkedIn iPhone dev groups that I belong to as well. I figure the more the merrier right?

Oh, and big props to whoever invited the Kotaku crew. I've been wanting to meet Brian Crecente for ages.

8. case

case Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Interaction Designer
    Michigan
    replied to the evite, bringing one friend whose in the area

9. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Apologies - I'd LOVE to be there to meet you all but my wife is due to give birth to our second child this week and thus I don't think I'd get away with a trip to GDC this year.

I hope you all have a great time and I'll see you all next year!

Paul

10. nattylux

nattylux Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Turns out we're going too!!

Very excited to meet everyone.

Sarah, I tried to RSVP to the invite, and it may have RSVP'ed as you :confused: I'll pm you my email and would love an invite.

Thanks,

Natalia

11. byteclub

byteclub Member

Dec 30, 2008
    co-founder of ByteClub.com
    NYC
    I'm going too, will be great to meet everyone.

12. kshep

kshep Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Sep 15, 2008
    Yes! Natalia and I are looking forward to meeting everyone at GDC! I just looked at the session list today, it's going to be an amazing show. We are Flying in on Monday and leaving on Saturday.

-Keith

13. Chillingo

Chillingo Well-Known Member

Chillingo to attend

Hi everyone -- Chillingo is looking forward to meeting everyone - let's talk about some cool new games! See you there!

ps. contact us to arrange any one-on-one meetings , Weds, Thurs or Friday - go to www.chillingo.com - email Chris.

14. Flash

Flash New Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Hi everyone,

I've been watching this forum for months and it's been great to see all the cool things people have been doing for the iPhone. Shameless plug: I'll be at GDC in my official capacity, wearing the fetching new POWERVR staff T-shirt and helping on/giving some sessions about our SDK and mobile development in general on Monday and Wednesday afternoon. Please feel free to say hello and have a chat.

Is it bad that I'm looking forward to the plane journey cos I might get some quiet time to get on with my own project at last?

Flash!

15. biosopher

biosopher New Member

Mar 18, 2009
    I haven't been active on the forums yet, but I look forward to meeting some of you.

Kudos to Touch Arcade. They write some of the best iPhone app reviews. I rely on you guys for most of my purchase decisions. I've already spent at least $35 so far this year based on your reviews.

16. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

So far we've got over 30 ppl confirmed to attend...wow! That's awesome guys. This is going to be tons of fun.

17. Mathis Couchaux

Mathis Couchaux New Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Hi there,

The Bug-Tracker team will be there (4 guests in total).

Looking forward to meeting you at SF :)

18. slipster216@gmail.com

[email protected] Active Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Game Developer
    Boston, mass
    I'll be there..

I'll be there again this year as well. I'll mostly be attending non-iPhone related things since my work is, after all, paying for the trip; but if anyone has any suggestions of a must-see event or just wants to talk apps/app store stratagy I'm up for it.

19. PoV

PoV Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Will be exhibiting Wed-Fri at the IGF Mobile pavilion. I *might* be there. Not sure yet as I do have some conflicting plans, but I'll probably be playing Thursday by ear.

20. TechPadProductions

TechPadProductions Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    We will be there, we just released out iPhone game and will be out and about.