Game Dev Story! Need Help?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by xdeathxangelx, Oct 12, 2010.

1. xdeathxangelx

xdeathxangelx New Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Ok I am lost in this game. I love it. I am year 3 or 5 and I am in the second building. But I am making crappy money. I only have license for two systems other then PC. I have 1.5k and I need to make a good game. will someone help me please.

2. JohnnyCalifornia

JohnnyCalifornia Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Death Angel I can help you with design and concept art.... and a story!!! I play a lot of RPG's so making a story I CAN DO!!!! And I have an architectural degree and know pretty much the mayority of drawing software!!!

3. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
  4. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    That's pretty funny! Doesn't look like many people got it....

5. pixelchild

pixelchild Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    can someone please help me with this question?

if i use in-house talent to keep creating soundtracks, stories, graphics, i notice they start saying "i have to do this again?!"

i am confused, do they become less effective because i use them over and over to develop games?

6. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    Ya I think so, but not completely sure either. I started hiring contractors to switch it up but I think the one's that cost 10k don't really do much of a better job than the in house people, even when they're tired of it. I've been using the in house ones almost all the time, trying to teach them new skills/level up and try to switch them around the jobs. I then hire the more expensive contractors when I have the money. But not really sure that is the right strategy because I've been getting pretty bad reviews almost every game lol.