Game Dev Story! Need Help?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by xdeathxangelx, Oct 12, 2010.

1. xdeathxangelx

xdeathxangelx New Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Ok I am lost in this game. I love it. I am year 3 or 5 and I am in the second building. But I am making crappy money. I only have license for two systems other then PC. I have 1.5k and I need to make a good game. will someone help me please.

2. JohnnyCalifornia

JohnnyCalifornia Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Death Angel I can help you with design and concept art.... and a story!!! I play a lot of RPG's so making a story I CAN DO!!!! And I have an architectural degree and know pretty much the mayority of drawing software!!!

3. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2009
  4. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    That's pretty funny! Doesn't look like many people got it....

5. pixelchild

pixelchild Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    can someone please help me with this question?

if i use in-house talent to keep creating soundtracks, stories, graphics, i notice they start saying "i have to do this again?!"

i am confused, do they become less effective because i use them over and over to develop games?

6. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    Ya I think so, but not completely sure either. I started hiring contractors to switch it up but I think the one's that cost 10k don't really do much of a better job than the in house people, even when they're tired of it. I've been using the in house ones almost all the time, trying to teach them new skills/level up and try to switch them around the jobs. I then hire the more expensive contractors when I have the money. But not really sure that is the right strategy because I've been getting pretty bad reviews almost every game lol.