Universal Game Dev Story (by Kairosoft Co.,Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    lol no, it's a joke xD

Kairosoft games are pretty similar in how they play, that's why Xexist said "clones made by the same company"

2. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    I believe that the games were actually made for phones before they even had a touch screen. I'm thinking along the lines of the mid 2000's phones that had the number pad and the four directional arrow keys. These arrow keys are exactly what the the virtual buttons mimic in all their games.

3. Atharne

Atharne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Why is this game so grossly overpriced?

4. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    lol, I love the age we live in where $3.99 for 10 or 12 hours of entertainment is considered "grossly over-priced."

The Kairo games go on sale occasionally for exactly one half of grossly over-priced so if you wait a bit maybe you'll get lucky. Thats what I do... :)

5. The4thMan

The4thMan Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Definitely not overpriced, given the amount of hours you'd spend on it!

I think I bought this and some .99 cent game when it came out, and while the other is gone and long forgotten, this is still installed and gets some decent play time.

6. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd buy this if it were universal. Their new clothing game is.. do it for this too!

7. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    I know. I've gotten less game time and enjoyment out of AAA $60 Console titles.

8. ipad2user

ipad2user Well-Known Member

May 9, 2013
    Its worth 3x the price. Want some cheese with that whine???

9. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Game Dev Story is fantastic and it looks better than ever on my iPad Mini thanks to the iOS7 update. Since purchasing it I can say for certain I've put more hours into it that a lot of console titles.

It may be easy and a tad repetitive just watching a games development but there is still lots of fun there too. Making up new combos and coming up with new game names is a ton of fun.

Kairosoft have a bunch of great games and this is one that I always go back to play regularly.

10. swimmingcub

swimmingcub Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    I have tons of hours in this game, when is number 2 coming?

11. LORE

LORE Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2013
    On sale

12. LORE

LORE Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2013
    Yeah, what happened to game dev story 2, kairoft said the would put it out in 2010

13. swimmingcub

swimmingcub Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Ya I really wish they would make number 2. Game dev story has been one of their most successful games on ios! I don't know why they aren't doing game dev story 2

By the way if anyone wants to actually create there own game check out the app geovertex!

14. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    I know I'm really late to the party here...but I am REALLY enjoying this game!

15. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    This game needs updating to iphone 5 display badly.

16. jForsythe

jForsythe Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2013
    I had this game ages ago I think it has been taken off the App Store can not find it anywhere. Not even in the purchased area.

17. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    It's there. If you're on an iPad make sure you are looking at iPhone apps, since its not universal.

18. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    And after all these years this is still a fantastic game to pick up and play. If. They ever get around to a sequel it would be nice to see all the new things they add or how the could expand on such a fantastic game. I enjoy all Kairosoft have to offer. :)

19. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Great news - seems they've updated this just recently for the newer generation iPhones :D

I tried it last week on my iPhone 6 and text was blurry and falling out of dialogue boxes everywhere. Just updated and checked again and text seems crystal clear and fits perfectly where it should! Great to see this is still being supported and updated :)

20. master333

master333 Active Member

Sep 28, 2012
    On an iPhone 6 Plus when I play a new game or load an existing game when it gets round to the game awards event notification the game locks and exits to the home screen everytime.

Anyone else?