Universal Game Dev Story (by Kairosoft Co.,Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Oct 9, 2010.

1. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Well if a someone from your team comes to you and wants to boost something that they have high skill in, I would do it. Like I said... coder has 98 programming and boosted the fun 27 for an offer. But early on its not worth the data points.

2. Balki23

Balki23 New Member

Oct 11, 2010
    #42 Balki23, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
    Has anyone found out how to make a console yet ?

I can't find a hardware engineer no matter how I search for employees or how often I make them switch professions with the item.

Played through my first 20years now having made 48games 27of which made it into the hall of fame.
    I sold ~312million games overall, my best selling game was Move4 which sold astonishing 32,308,454 copies for the Wi...hoops :D
    A motion fitness game
    my best rated game was Time Cop 3 with 39 points and it was an Action RPG Time Travel game, the squel Time Cop 4 just got 36 reviews but sold more.
    My best running franchises were
    Move - motion fitness games, everyone made it into the hall of fame (move5 sold 3mil copies less than move4)
    City Sim :D with 2 sequels but both together sold only 10mil copies
    Popstar - a music popstar game only released on portable consoles 3 iterations last one selling 8mil units and a rating of 38 points
    Puzzle God 4 - from my long running Puzzle Game Series I made Ninja Puzzle which was a flop, then Puzzle Master 1 - 8 (all of which were not 'real' sequels in the game engine, I just called them sequentially) and then the first game to make it to the Hall of Fame Puzzle God :D
    and some more, don't want to clutter this thread
    I haven't started a new game , but soon will and only release for the PC :D

is 8employees the max you can have ? and how can you get a Hardware Engineer

/edit: Move6 just made a new company record with 36mil sold copies :D guess catering to casual gamers was a good idea

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Are all of your employees the highest possible levels?

4. Balki23

Balki23 New Member

Oct 11, 2010
    @Lordgek
    yes every employee is lvl5 in his respective job
    or do I have to max him to lvl5 in all the jobs he can choose ?

5. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I have no clue myself, just curious.

6. weaver523

weaver523 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2010
    I'm having the same problem making a console. I hired a hacker that had level 5 hardware engineer in his skills yet I still can't make a console. I tried the job changer and that doesn't work.

7. Ace_97

Ace_97 Well-Known Member

I bought the game and i'm glad i got it. So far, i made 4 games, have licensing on the exodus and pc, and i dipped in to the emergency fund. It's a really fun game. It was hard at first, but now it's really easy.

Since many people has made many game, let's post our games.

I've made 4 games, and 3 have the same concept. My games:

Arrgh!
    Pirate Adventure Game
    Didn't go into the charts and didn't sell well.

Ninja Trek 1
    Ninja Adventure Game
    #20 (i think) on the charts.

Ninja Trek 2
    Ninja Adventure Game
    #16 on the charts.

Ninja Trek End
    Ninja Adventure Game
    #9 on the charts

I plan to make many different games still based on the Ninja Adventure Saga "Ninja Trek". :p

8. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    Out of curiosity are those game titles randomly generated? If they were this would be freaking awesome!

btw: how are the sprites in this game? Are their a lot of animations?

9. WolxHound

WolxHound New Member

Oct 12, 2010
    To get a hardware engineer you have to master every job with one person. I did it with Shigeto Minamoto... and now i have the most successful console, The Hog Master. And my biggest hit was a Mahjong Board Game (Majo Ex 4), which was sold 30 Million times and gaining me a whooping 100mil.

10. weaver523

weaver523 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2010
    So you need to use the job switcher and max all the selections?

You can name your games or use the default ones which amount to game #1, game #2 etc. I like being able to name my own games.

11. tonydeli7

tonydeli7 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Freelance Computer Engineer
    Greece
    great and fun game!

12. KoolKing

KoolKing Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Valrico, FL
    Well I haven't heard back from the dev yet on any iPad/universal version but I gave in and bought it just now. From snooping around their Japanese site it looks like there is a sequel released for the PC that looks a bit more in depth. Hopefully they think about porting that one over too.

Times are not well for my struggling Zabkavision. My first game "Buccaneer Billy" did not sell too well after I accidentally left the genre as table rather than adventure. Development of my second game, the ninja adventure "Sweep the Leg" had it's share of problems. My graphics and sound people decided they wanted to be clever and attempt to raise the bar. The both failed and introduced a total of 40 bugs. Now that the game is released, they shall be fired. Mwahahah!

13. ykazumi

ykazumi Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Kanagawa, Japan
    #53 ykazumi, Oct 12, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
    This game is a classic in Japan. The original game was released on PC as a CD-ROM contents of a PC magazine about 10 years ago. The magazine always had the reader developed games contest and this developer always had good reviews and always got high recommendation from the editor. I think he was just a teenager back then. He mostly makes simulation games.

Now Game Dev Story and other games by the dev are released as games for mobile phones in Japan, and I always loved them.

iOS version is based on the Japanese mobile phone version, and the mobile phone version also is based on the Game Dev Story part 2DX on the PC version.

I think that the iOS version is also a fun game.Though if playing through the game for few days or weeks ( or maybe few hours) and if your not interested on improving scores, you will know the depth isn't that deep and will soon think "what else to do?"

But still if you like tycoon games or management games or whatever its called in English, I think you could enjoy the game for a while at least.:D

14. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Watch out! While it seems obvious to stick to some tried and true combination of genre and theme, the game will penalize you if you don't start mixing it up some (your workers will become less motivated and you'll get crappier reviews).

15. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    Finally a simulation that I needed badly! Who knows it might just help my business lol!?

16. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    well the text says it is universal btw

17. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    After 10 years, my games are now all hall of famers.
    -developed in house
    -not using any boost items
    -+100 on every level

Just started development on a console though in year 13. Had 100,000k saved up by then. Was pretty price going for the max in everything.

18. chickdigger802

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    So I guess from the way the reviews and this thread, I guess this game is great buy for $4?

19. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Its electronic crack.

20. chickdigger802

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    Awesome!

Last question: Does this game support ipod music?