Game Controller Supported Game List/Wishlist + Controllers

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Xeyad, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Captive

Captive Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    This one also connects via the lightening socket,i wonder if they will actualy offer any ipad versions?

2. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    No sticks, no dice.
    I'm happy with good ole blutooth as it then can be used with the ipad as well. Plus it will be significantly cheaper

3. DarkScience

DarkScience Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Company Director
    Kent, UK
    I'm hoping that the lightning pin is purely for the charging aspect I the controller. I play games on both phone and ipad so ideally I want to be able to use this for both devices so Bluetooth connectivity is essential. Surely they would not overlook this concept?

Can't wait for more details, I think this actually looks really neat, I'm not gonna walk down the street with it, but then I don't walk down the street playing games anyway!!

As far as price goes, I want one so to me price is just a number. One upgrade to a 5s around the corner, I'll just sell the 4s and use the proceedings!!!

4. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#104 killercow, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    Moga's website said that the Lightning connector is used to connect the device. No bluetooth on this one.

5. That is kinda bad news, along with there still not being a detached bluetooth joystick with dual analog sticks. Boy, I hope something pops up soon, or maybe our icade joysticks aren't as extinct as we all thought.

6. killercow

#106 killercow, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    Ravensword: Shadowlands has been updated with controller support.

7. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Into the dead has added controller support.

8. ThorsRus

ThorsRus Active Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Which controller you guys looking at? I like the bladepad.

iPhone-5_game-controller.png

On their website, it says that this will work with the new standard. So i think this might be the one for me.

9. cobbyco

cobbyco Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Don't know if anyone mentioned this, but Sonic CD, Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 are all getting controller support once the developer Christian Whitehead tests the games with real MFi controllers. He said on Twitter he would add the update ASAP.

10. PresidentZer0

PresidentZer0 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    #110 PresidentZer0, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
    They mention some games that will work with their controller but those games don't mention it on the app description, weird.

11. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Added ;)

The Bladepad is certainly one of the better iPhone controllers out there. It's not awkwardly wide like the other controllers, it'll act as a real case, it's detachable, and it's got analog sticks unlike the logitech one. This will certainly be one the best hits once it becomes available.

This is awesome! I've been playing Sonic games with iCade on the Sega Genesis emulator. Very exciting! :D

There ya go. http://www.bladepad.com/store/

12. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    What do you guys think of the - iControlPad 2 ? I think it is the best looking gamepad with full QWERTY keyboard and luminated lighting for the keys + swivel design

Pic 1: [​IMG]

Pic 2: [​IMG]

Pic 3: [​IMG]

Pic 4: [​IMG]

Pic 5: [​IMG]

13. That is not an ios 7 joystick, do you know that?

14. ThorsRus

ThorsRus Active Member

Oct 22, 2013
    The problem with the "I control pad 2" is that after it's successful kickstarter campaign, by all accounts it looks like either A) They took the money and ran or B) they where unsuccessful in bringing it to market. If you go to the kickstarted page you'll see that it was funded about this time last year, and now all thats left is a bunch of pissed off backers flooding the comment section.

Even if it did come to market, their's no chance it will support the new API standard. That would pretty much mean, not a single game would work for it. Pity, i like the keyboard too :(

15. ThorsRus

ThorsRus Active Member

Oct 22, 2013
    The reason is because just like every controller before, the game dev's would have to manually build support for that specific controller into their games. I'm sure both party's agreed to jump on this new standard and forget whatever they were doing before. I'd bet good money those games that were developing controller support for these bladepad guys, are now working hard to adapt the new controller standard. :)

16. DarkScience

DarkScience Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Company Director
    Kent, UK
    I must admit it's neat and looks great, but does it have shoulder buttons? That's a deal breaker for me. Might be a bit on the small side too, I used to get hand cramp with my old psp go, which is very similar.

I want to see more of the game case as I think that one is Bluetooth connected and looks high quality, but all their web page detail is gone and I have had be email updates from them!! Ra!

17. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I remember reading the Bladepad supports Bluetooth 4.0 and above. So this rules out iPhone 4 and below. Only supported upto iPhone 4S and above.

18. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Asphalt 8 has added controller support

19. ThorsRus

ThorsRus Active Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Good! i guess that means gameloft is on board. I hope they go back and update their old catalog. I payed $7 for modern combat 4. They should make that game the next priority.

20. killercow

Muffin Knight has been updated with controller support.