Game Controller Supported Game List/Wishlist + Controllers

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Xeyad, Sep 18, 2013.

1. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I'll be interested in what you find out. Based on the fact that it only requires iOS 4.3 or above, it must not be an MFi controller, but rather probably emulates a bluetooth keyboard like the iCade. Hopefully it's iCade compatible.

Edit: Oops, just saw Kevin's post already saying this.

2. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    -bangs head against table-

And of course Amazon says to late to cancel. God damn it I want a clip on controller for my iPad!

Only one out there and it's been in pre order status for over a year

3. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    The Gamevice is out now for iPad Mini, and coming soon for iPad Air! :D

4. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    -shakes fist-

Naow!!

5. Ovogame

Ovogame Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Developer
    Morestel, France
  6. vbovio

vbovio Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Please add Creepy Dungeons to the list, it now supports MFi Controllers :)

iTunes game link

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im glad the Apple TV can now directly use MFi controllers coz this will definitely increase the value of our MFi controllers.

With the Apple TV - MFi controller compatibility, there is a bigger chance developers will consider adding MFi support in their games now and make it available for the TV as well.

I think even older games that are still being supported by the devs are considering adding MFi controller support so they can make their game compatible with the TV as well..

Crossing fingers!

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
  9. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
  10. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Ordered a Powershell. How's it perform? I only ever used the Controllers For All tweak on my old device

11. ssahnan

ssahnan Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    I grabbed the new steel series nimbus today. Seems to do the job well enuf. Hated the d pad but overall I thought it felt like about what a 50$ mfi controller should feel like when compared to how much others were before. It's not remotely close to quality of a console controller, it's light, plastic-y, but it doesn't necessarily feel cheap either. I'd gather it'll serve its intended purpose of being a entry level controller for consumer Apple TV use.

iOS games obviously don't have the sophistication of physics and gameplay that console and pc games have so imo this is about all you need for iOS gaming. You don't have to have a cutting edge controller tech wise when there isn't the games to use it on. to that end, not sure I see a point of spending more on a mfi controller then this, it'll accomplish the job about as well as the other ones out there will because there just isn't a game demanding more precision in the first place. Even the d-pad, when you see the direction that mortal kombat went with that abomination, how good does the controller really have to be.

Tried the app out for it, it sent a fw update to the controller but after that, it doesn't seem to have any calibration screens to it.

I have a ctrli full size before this, I'd say that felt better in the hands but in real life situation of gaming, one didn't play better then the other. I do like the Lightning connector over the ctrli. The nimbus feels smaller in the hands, I preferred the shoulder buttons on the nimbus, was more ergonomic that way. Seemed like the ctrli had more play on the analog sticks. I couldn't figure out the lights and what they were trying to tell me for life of me on the nimbus. It did not match what the instructions said should be happening. When I plug in to a iPhone wall charger, no light turn on. When I plugged into a higher power usb plug, two light of 4 constantly blink as if charging but never changes from that. didn't figure out the rhyme or reason of what's going on there.

I felt while there are subtle differences here and there, nothing was a deal breaker given that again imo, both and all other mfi controllers out there are only being asked to perform the most basic of functions anyway. The games aren't demanding any level of precision to warrant a better controller anyway.

12. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Picked up the Mad Catz Micro C.T.L.R.i and loving it! Reviewers preferred the Micro over the original.

13. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Just bought a CTRLi Micro. It works but some weird issues. Firstly once it's paired the 1st led comes on, but periodically all 4 flash. It still works but just wondering if this is normal as it happens every 10 seconds.

Secondly, once I turn it off, I can't turn it back on! Until I take the batteries out and put them back in.

14. tobidayao

tobidayao Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Philippines
    Hi guys!!! I just bought a PXN Speedy Wireless Controller. I choose it 'cause of the good review and the iPhone clip it has. May I ask all of you to suggest the best FPS or TPS game with MFI controller support? Please no games that require internet connection. Thanks in advance. :)

15. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Hey congrats try Afterpulse for FPS and AC: Identity and Eisenhorn: Xenos for TPS.

16. tobidayao

tobidayao Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Philippines
    Hello, can someone confirm if Dead Trigger 1's controller support is broken? Can't get it to work, but it is listed in afterpad.com that it has full controller support

17. richdmoore

richdmoore Active Member

Feb 3, 2014
    Yes, dead trigger one never had support. I think the controls you are able to use (movement if I rember but no shooting) were accidentally activated when apple and unity engine added controller support.

18. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Gamevice finally releases for the ipad pro 12.9 next month :) :)

19. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    gamevice controller for ipad pro 12.9 is on amazon pre order. ships on 2nd of nov

20. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Already own Nimbus but thinking to get that as well, Do you think which one is better for enjoying the games?