Game controller for MC3 out soon

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TakenXXDeadly, Oct 1, 2012.

1. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
  2. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Mouse + keyboard > Touch controls > Controller

From best to worse FPS controllers.

Just my opinion.

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    My opinion too.

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Hey, this isn't just for mc3, but a lot of other games plus upcoming ones. I think I might look into getting one actually. Hmmm. Just wish the controller looked more comfortable to hold. And $80? I'll wait for a price drop or get it used.

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

They sent me one of these, the price point seems insane.

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Is the controller comfortable to hold? Do you think it's worth it?

7. Janni

Janni Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    damn, i really thought an offical apple gamepad would pop up (which would also get widely supported)

looks like a nonstarter...

8. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    I would buy it for about half the current price though. I might buy it from target and play with it for a few days and return it just to test it out lol.

9. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    It says it plays exclusively with gameloft. Does that mean it will never work with other games? I want to play minecraft, bastion, real racing 2-3, galaxy on fire, black ops zombies...

10. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I would replace mouse+keyboard with trackball+keyboard (specifically the original Logitech Trqckman Marball, which I don't believe is produced anymore), but I know I'm in the minority. Same accuracy, greater speed, no wrist fatigue.

11. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Dont be pathetic...

12. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    So... this is the controller from the Asphalt 7 screenshot, right? I thought it was going to be an official Apple controller... Damn it.

13. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I can't talk about this yet as apparently IGN has some sort of exclusive, so keep your eyes peeled for that. :rolleyes:

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    My thoughts exactly, though tbh GL games are or the most part the ones most in need of a controller. And bard's tale. And bastion. And grand theft auto. Oh god please release a controller for gta 3, I abhor that auto aim.

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    That auto aim really annoys me!!

16. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    That's fairly pathetic for IGN. I mean it's just yet another 3rd party iOS controller that will only work with some games. There can't be more than a dozen people who still care about these things, a new one of which seems to come out every week or two. Now if Apple ever does get it together and releases a controller themselves, that would be news.

17. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Well apparently it's the first one officially supported by Apple.

18. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Oh is it now? Still if it will only ever work with Gameloft games, it doesn't really amount to much. The reason we need an Apple game controller is that we need 1 single solution that would work with all games that support controllers, much the way GC finally ended the nonsense of signing up for a dozen various services for high scores, achievements, etc.

19. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

I found that info here: http://www.148apps.com/news/gameloft-drops-huge-bombshell-legit-controller-ios-duo-gamer/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=wordtwit&utm_medium=tweet

The rules seem pretty stupid for now... And who designed that controller? I mean seriously it's horrible in every way.

20. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Thanks for the link. It looks like the Apple support really is the big news here. It's a shame about the restrictions Apple places on it, only working for a single developer's apps, but hey it's a step in the right direction and maybe they'll loosen their restrictions as more of these sorts of things come out. The controller itself looks mad clunky and overpriced.