Game Center not working

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Trazy J Dozier, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Trazy J Dozier

Apr 3, 2020
    Female
    Updated to ios13 on my iPad pro and game center doesn’t work. It won’t login for Games and when I go to settings app and select Game Center nothing happens and it locked up settings app. Works fine on my iPhone. Anyone else having this issue? Makes some games not playable and Apple Arcade less useful.

2. Trazy J Dozier

Apr 3, 2020
    Female
    Little help here please? What should I do? Can't anyone give a solution please?

3. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Sounds like it's defaulting to iCloud. Make sure iCloud is turned completely off.

Trazy J Dozier likes this.
  4. iphoneglance

iphoneglance Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Editor at MacExpertGuide.com
    London
    Did you solve this?

5. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    To all of the OG experienced folks here, and some of the new…Game Center experienced a major crash in December 2015.

It took several months and years to bring Game Center back, now more functional than ever…until yesterday evening.

To my dismay, last night, my achievement total plummeted from 17,909 to 6,938. Since then, I’ve earned 5 additional achievements on 2 different devices. The number remained at 6,938. Could this be something internal with Apple?

I noticed this with a few people that I compete with on the friends list, that they, too, have lost close to half of their points. (Anotherkellydown, Noen, etc.)

Three of my four devices are running 16.3, and the other one that I don’t use is running 15.7.3, which can’t be upgraded further due to outdated hardware.

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions? Years ago, I spent hours with Apple customer service to fix the problem. No luck.

Hopefully, this is just temporary, and bugs will be ironed out.

Has anyone experienced this, and we’re you able to rectify the situation?

Thanks, Don

6. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ

It is/was an issue that was given extremely high priority. According to the engineers, the problem is/was on Apple’s end. At one point, only a small percentage of achievements were registering in terms of adding to your total achievements. I went from close to 20K achievements, down to around 7k a couple months ago.

For the past week, all of the achievements are adding up to the total amount rather than simply registering. My achievements jumped back up to 17,880 or so. Go figure.