iPad Galcon Strategies

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Tennisking1o1, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Hey Guys, I've been playing a lot of Galcon lately and realizing I'm winning a lot of rounds (but am still only a purple flag :( ) anyway, I was wondering what kind of strategies people use for this game...

You could be one of those people that just screw the other people over when you know you aren't going to win... :mad:

You could be very sneaky and keep all your forces on your original planet and then explode out of nowhere when 2 people get in a battle

You could try to grab all the big planets at the beginning, no matter what the cost, and hope that nobody catches you and ruins you because your forces are so weak (This almost always works out if you don't get caught because the planets pay for themselves in a very short amount of time)

I know there are more strategies, so put them here, let people know what you're up to.
    And for people who don't have this game, the online is great!

2. I totally love Galcon. I've spent hours and hours playing the network game. I normally try and capture the cheap planets around me, and then wait till the other players start battling. It hasn't always worked for me though.

I got up to a red flag at one stage, but think I'm back down on white at the moment. I play using my real name, so look out for me there.

3. Kursndax

Kursndax Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    reason I stopped playing the game is cause of people online

People have this game down to a science on beating people, they know how to capture alot of planets and send a million ships at you, and you never stood a chance. it can get frustrating cause you loose so easily

4. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I do that every once in a while. It doesn't work as much anymore. There are so many people that play hardcore and now know how to beat that.:(

5. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    An entire forum section on Galcon strategies: http://www.galcon.com/forums/14/15/
    :D

6. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Just "zerg" the enemy home planet. Win.
    :D