iPad Galcon or Edge?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by michael24, Mar 3, 2009.

?

Galcon or Edge

1. Galcon

23 vote(s)
    43.4%
  2. Edge

30 vote(s)
    56.6%
  1. michael24

michael24 Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Hey guys im thinking about buying one of these but cant decide, ive played the lite version of Galcon and I love it but people say Edge is good too so I cant decide and they're both 5 bucks... so yeah.

2. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to TA. I'm glad you decided to do the initiation. :)

3. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Galcon has more re-playability in my opinion but Edge is more fun while it lasts. I would go for Galcon

4. traonk

traonk Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    student
    earth
    add poll

i choose sway

5. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    hahah, oh man, thank you for providing a little humor for me in today's threads.
    Wow, the beat just goes on.

Edit: @Michael, have you looked in the Edge thread to see if any part of the game actually interests you?

6. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Edge is great but do you really want to spend five bucks on just multi player?(galcon)

7. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Yep. Initiation. I've given up on flaming these idiots. Go on.

8. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    I'd have to say Edge.Haven't played Galcon, but Edge is better than ever w/ the new levels.

9. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
    I have both, and I would suggest Galcon. To this day I continue to play Galcon, and it is extremely addictive. It is one of those buried treasures that you find on the app store, and the online multiplayer is fun too.

10. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    i was about to say the same thing...trial by fire my friends.

@Michael: both are different games so you need to decide where your interest lies. If you're into puzzles, Edge would be ideal. If you're into strategy and quick thinking, Galcon would be your choice.

11. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    I like Galcon. There's a lite version of it. But, much like the 62363426 other "should i get this or that" threads, these games have zero relation to each other. However, I feel Galcon is over-priced compared to the competition, relavant or not.

12. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  13. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
  14. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Galcon was the first anything i bought in the app store, and was my favorite for a long time.. it really deserves more credit than it received.. i thought i got it at $0.99 or $2.99, i'm amazed it's up to $4.99!

Edge is pretty fantastic too... it's a very tough call.. Edge has better music and depth, but Galcon has instant re-playability, and it's fun to be able to change the difficulty on the fly, and hey multiplayer! This is the one game that's figured it out!

Probably get Edge, but that's a close one!

Wait, seriously? Just download the lite version of Galcon to see if you like it duhhh easy answer :p

15. mek

mek Well-Known Member

one is an action puzzler, the other is an RTS

I have not played Edge, but since day one, Love Galcon (paid 10 bucks for it)

so I am biased when i say go for Galcon

16. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    I must have gotten it at $4.99 then! Only two prices, $9.99 and $4.99.... Well I say it's worth it, Both are good choices, but unrelated... Probably go with Edge, it just got a great update with more levels and music, but Galcon has been languishing, and no improvements have occurred recently.. (fair enough, i don't know what they could add, but still)

17. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    i don't have galcon, but it seems to have more replayability than edge, which is still short even after the new levels have been added.
    $5 is a hefty price for me, but i don't regret spending it on edge.

btw how does the full version of galcon differ from the lite one? all it says in the description is that there are 5 missions

18. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    The lite version only has a basic game mode. The online is the big draw for the full version of Galcon. I have spent at least 20 hours online on Galcon, probably even more. I highly recommend it

19. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    First, try the Lite version of Galcon. To me, it felt like a full game. It should pretty much gives you an idea (a really good one) of that the game's about.

I love Edge. It's my favorite game on the AppStore. It offers great visuals (for the genre), music, and variety of levels (there are 47!!!). You can always go back and try to get a higher score.

You're call man. Maybe you like to do some actual... *gulp*... research?!

20. Synozeer

Synozeer Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    I don't think the Lite version of Galcon does it justice. Multiplayer brings it to a whole new level. Competing directly against other players means instant replayability and the ability to come up with and go against a variety of different strategies.