iPad Galaxy Trucker Pocket by Czech Games Edition

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Pipipitchu, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Cant download this game, when I use the link it says only available for iPhone, I'm on a iPhone 6+ , I'm taking it this is a mistake ?

Ps, Searched for it myself and got it no probs, sorry for the post!

2. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    So how is it on the 6+ ?
    I'm still not sold on this game yet, but if it's a good fit for the 6+, I'll probably get it.
    Thanks in advance, Endscrypt.

3. Czech Games Edition

Czech Games Edition Active Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Weird though. Let us know if how it is on 6+ :)

4. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    It runs great on a 6+ ... real amazing! :D

Thank you very much for bringing this great boardgame to iPad and iPhone!

Together with Carcassonne this is the best boardgame for any iDevices.

5. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    #25 soldat7, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
    No need to worry! Making your board or card game app Universal is now a table stake, thanks to the example set by Carcassonne and Ascension many years ago. This app is no different in allowing you to enjoy a game on your iPad at home, and then seamlessly moving to your iPhone while on the....wait a minute....

But has it been designed to run at the 6+'s native resolution?

Oh.

6. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Come on new truckers. i will TRUCK YOU UP!

:burp:

7. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Well after reading some reviews of the iPad version it's bought and downloading. I've got an iPad but don't use it to much as I'm not often in the house. So we'll see how this plays on my iPhone 5S

8. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    I played the tutorial and first couple of missions but can't find out how to change it to turn based instead of real time? Anyone help.

9. markaman

markaman Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2013
    I wish this game had notifications so I knew when it was my turn

10. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    I still haven't been able to finish a single multiplayer game. Hoping for a patch soon. Tried both turnbased and real time.

Pedroapan

11. markaman

Oct 28, 2013
    There is a compatibility issue with realtime because the iPhone version is an update behind the others. As for turn-based I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm playing on iPhone and only one of my turn based games messed up and I couldn't finish it.

12. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Still trying to decide if this is better on the iPad or iPhone?

I have an iPhone 6 and an iPad retina. Whil I know I can buy both versions I think it would be a bit of an overkill. TE issue for me is what challenges does this game have if played on a smaller screen?

13. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Welp having a utter blast with the campaign and I will be sad when I finish it so really hoping they maybe add more to that. Maybe as additional content to buy or something.

As far as the multiplayer.... It's pretty good when it works. I don't think the notifications are working and that has been a killer for me so far. Real time is way more fun and I can't wait till they fix it.

14. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Are you planning to play this on the go or sit at home and play ? I think that's really the deciding factor. If your just planning on turn based I'd stick with the phone since it's cheaper and pretty much the same across both devices. Live play is suited better on the iPad since you have more room to put the extra pieces. All in all you can't really go wrong with either. There was a lot of love put into both versions. Hope that helps

15. Pedroapan

Aug 25, 2010
    I've tried both on ipad and iphone. Fortunately the single player is very good but the main reason för getting the iphone version was to be able to play multiplayer on the go.

Anyway, i'm sure a fix is on the way.

P

16. markaman

Oct 28, 2013
    Is anyone else having crashing issues on turn based? I'm on a iPhone 6 and my game will crash as soon as I load my turn. It only happens during the building phase, but it does prevent me from finishing my turn. Guess we will have to wait until the App Store freeze is gone.

17. Pedroapan

Aug 25, 2010
    So how about that patch? When is it due? Looking forward to play a working multiplayer game.

Pedroapan

18. markaman

Oct 28, 2013
    Still waiting for an update. They said they were waiting until the AppStore freeze was over but it's been awhile now

19. Pedroapan

Aug 25, 2010
    I guess I was wrong... AFAIK the app store is open but the fix is yet to be seen.

20. Jana Turlich

Jana Turlich New Member

Apr 7, 2015
    mupliplayer will be enriched by other players from the ranks of Windows Phone users

Hi guys,
    sinse last Friday CGE announced Galaxy Trucker release for Windows Phone. Tell your WP fellas and enjoy multiplayer.
    Jana