iPhone Galaxy Trucker (by Czech Games Edition)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Mythbuster, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    But there are also some great Universal games with complete different UI / screen Layouts in one App ... i.e. Battle of the Bulge or Desert Fox ... ;)

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week nominee
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Galaxy Trucker was successfully nominated for Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week poll. Come and vote for your favorite release while the poll is open over the next three days.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=244299

Developers cannot vote for their own game. Participants may not create an account just to vote

3. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Quick dumb question on cards. I played the tutorial and it made sense in regards to meteors, smugglers etc but in game I'm not sure what I'm doing. When a meteor card comes up do you have to quickly click on your ship and drag batteries etc? Seems like it moves relatively fast. Thanks.

4. Czech Games Edition

Czech Games Edition Active Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Hi. There are two types of meteors - the big ones and the small ones.

You can protect your ship from small meteors by building it well (they just
    bounce off unless they hit an exposed connector) or by using a shield (which
    will cost you 1 battery token). If you are able to use the shield, the app will give you the option to use the battery.

You can protect your ship from large meteors by shooting them with a cannon. Which is done automatically, unless you are using the double cannon which again, will need the battery and the app will give you the option to choose, if you want to use it.

5. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Thanks for the clarification! I must not have had the set up because it didn't give me the option :). Damn meteors wrecked my vessel :)

6. Czech Games Edition

Sep 28, 2014
    That's part of the fun :D Don't get too attached to your vessels!

7. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Seems like interest in this game fizzled out real fast. Too bad as I'm getting to like it more and more

8. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I'm just waiting for the iphone update so I'm still real stoked.

9. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    It's got a couple of things going against it here. For one it's currently iPad only which cuts out the majority of people. Also boards games never seem to generate as much interest as some other genres on TA. Maybe board gamers frequent other sites like boardgamesgeek. It would nice to see a review on TA. :)

10. TokyoDan

Oct 7, 2010
    Yeah. It is not an 'arcade' game and this site has the word 'arcade' in its name.

11. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    It's a pity really. This is a great game I try to play it every day. Ipad only unfortunately meens I can't play it during the day since I don't bring the Ipad along. Hopefully interest in the thread will come back when expansions, Iphone-version and Android-versions are released.

I still suck by the way and have serious trouble even agains the easy AI, but enjoying anyway. Bad dice-rolls and loosing your ship is part of the fun!

Pedroapan

12. Czech Games Edition

Sep 28, 2014
    Hey guys, thanks for being supportive. Right now the new update has already been submitted to AppStore and currently waiting for approval. It will enable the owners of the iPad1 to finally get to play the game properly.

You can still show us your love by voting for us in the App of the Week thread here http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=244299 :)

13. Czech Games Edition

Sep 28, 2014
    It seems that Galaxy Trucker really became the forum's App of the Week! Thanks all for your vote and support :) We appreciate it

14. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Well, you deserve it, no doubt about it. :)

15. Mack the Knife

Mack the Knife Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    congrats, and if you read the small print in the contest rules you'll notice the winner must adhere to a strict and timely schedule of updates and enhancements. and if you'll re-read paragraph 6, subsection B it specifies that expansions are a must.

16. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Sadly the Review on TA is a joke or a shame ... :eek:

This is the only site where genius iOS games like that are getting less stars than some PTW shit ... :(

17. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    To add to that, TA'ers are required to push the 'purchase this app' button with reckless abandonment and shamelessly promote this game to their peers.

18. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Yeah, being too close from the physical version is a crime.

I wish Shaun had reviewed this game.

19. TokyoDan

Oct 7, 2010
    I agree with you about the quality / type of games that are appreciated here, but what does 'PTW' stand for?

20. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Pay To Win :cool: