iPhone Galaxy Trucker (by Czech Games Edition)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Mythbuster, Sep 28, 2014.

1. bowfleximus

bowfleximus Member

Sep 25, 2014
    Any word on whether this will ever be a universal app? I use my iPhone 6 so much more then iPad.

2. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Sadly no! Since I have my new 6+ I do play again also on my iPhone not only on my iPad ...cso I really wish, the developer will support the new iPhones (and their resolutions) with an update ... maybe he will listen to us ... ;)

3. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    over at pockettactics they said they were working on getting it on the phone. so wait a little bit.

4. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
  5. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    This game would be the best surprise in the year so far, of a truly great game and as they say " the best adaptation of a board game on ipad ever..
    This game is really amazing and I hope more attention will be given from TA and others
    Just it's needed to try it and be surprise of the quality of the game. Happy to see really great games like this one on ipad, surely this motivates more developers to work to truly made a awesome and unique gaming experience.
    This game is just an insta buy for any kind of serious gamer.

6. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    The initial feedback is excellent for this game and it's released everywhere. How to get the title of this thread changed?

7. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    #27 amn624, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    Seems to be no way to invite friends. I've already emailed the developers.

If personalized invites are not in the plan, I will be very disappointed. Great app but I really want the ability to play vs. my buddies. Sigh...

Edit: you CAN creat a private game by naming it.

8. NuclearWinter

NuclearWinter Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I don't think renaming it makes it private, I was able to just join your game that you had renamed. Unless you mean that we have to hope people respect it if we put Private in the title? Doesn't seem a good solution though :(

9. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    There you go

10. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013

You cannot currently add friends, but Vlaada has confirmed that its being worked on and will be in a future update. So there is nothing to worry, the game will be just great in any way.

http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/34364?commentid=4932939#comment4932939

11. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Still learning how to play LeHavre and Catan but this looks awesome.. The interface alone makes me want to buy it

12. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Initially my impression was price is bit steep for what it is (ios gamer syndrome?) but after a while it was clear its totally worth it. Great game.

13. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    To answer my own question I posed earlier about whether Galaxy Truckers used Game Center to match players: Apparently not; you have to create an online account with Czech Games. I am sure there are good reasons for this. Galaxy Truckers does connect to Game Center, but my guess is that is for the single player campaign (leaderboard and achievements).

I have only played through the tutorial so far, and the game has my interest. There is some depth here, but it is mostly easy to understand what is happening. Some events seemed to take place too quickly to follow, but perhaps that is keeping the player from feeling overwhelmed during the tutorial. The game's presentation is good and it includes a complete, detailed rules manual. I look forward to spending more time with this.

Heads up: there are some very nice iPad wallpapers on the Galaxy Trucker web site.

14. SirFobos

SirFobos Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Police Officer
    Kansas City
    Fantastic implementation of a fantastic board game. Loving the campaign mode as well great idea and well done!

15. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    #36 klink, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    Here's a link to the developers Twitter contest for this game. Let's blow the door off this contest and help the developer out. ��

Developers Tweet

16. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I instabuy'd.

pocket Tactics coverage and review had me sold.

17. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I haven't booted it yet...is turn based an option in the campaign?

I have terrible eyesight; I need time to look over the pieces.

18. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Wow I am terrible at this game - nice to see something with a good steep learning curve. Really enjoying it so far.

19. Czech Games Edition

Czech Games Edition Active Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Hi! We are working on the iPhone versions, but it definitely needs more testing. We're hoping to release it as soon as possible.