Universal Galaxy Reavers- Sliding Starships, Tactical Space RTS (Developed by Good Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Goodgamestoplay, May 19, 2016.

1. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Where do you find this extra repair slot? Been clicking on everything.

2. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Never mind finally found it. Go to fleet tab and at the top where you see the hammer and wrench click the plus and it gives you option to buy more repair spot.

For the designer this is stil unfinished my tabs had characters in Chinese or Korean

3. Water

Water Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Game Dev
    Japan
    you can find

-MainScreen>press [Fleet]
    -see center top of Fleet Screen
    -you can find an icon of [wrench and hammer]
    -press [+] in the right of the icon.

4. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    I really like the game, but is there something similar premium (not free2play) on the Appstore?

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Not that I know of. Goodgames' way of doing the tactical battles is pretty unique. If anyone knows similar games, color me interested as well.

6. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Maybe you will like Battlestation: Harbinger, it's not 3D but quite similar to this but with rogue-like element

7. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #67 Nullzone, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
    Thanks for the recommendation.
    Hhmm... I passed on that one for a reason when it came out, but absolutely cannot remember why. Might give it a try, it's only 4 bucks after all.

8. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    Yeah I really like Battlestation Harbinger, I've been betatesting the big update and now I'm looking for something similar. It's like FTL - you'll eventually stop playing it one day but you'll be looking for similar games :) Great suggestion anyway :)

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #69 Nullzone, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
    And another update by yours truly:
    Mission 48 and 49 were laughably easy compared to 47.
    Mission 50 is ... well, one giant literal "f*ck you" ;) not spoiling the surprise, you'll see when you get there.

After 2 days of slow and overall pretty moderate grinding I got enough better - and quite some of it a lot better, as in orange items - equipment, some more additional slots, and lastly I got enough commandpoints to replace the Cruiser in my main fleet; which now consists of 1 Titan, 1 Carrier, 2 Battleships.

As the last try just before leveling up to get the Battleship was literally 1 second short of winning (Fire that bloody torpedo, fire dammit ... 3,2,1 ... too late, hmph :p ), this time around I should be able to tackle it. I even put that huge nuclear missile on one of my ships, just to see how it goes.

10. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    And... we are done. Mission 50 was the last one, alas.
    The second Battleship and its additional armament did the trick, even if only on second try. First try I forgot to bring along the anti-fighter ordnance, and the little monsters shot up my Carrier early on, resulting in quite the loss of firepower.

@Goodgames: Any chance we'll see more missions in an update/DLC?

11. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #71 Nullzone, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    Game constantly crashes after completing mission 50

@Goodgames:
    I completed mission 50 yesterday, and think I played one or two stages afterwards, but I am not 100% sure.

Today, whenever I try to play a stage, the game crashes:
    With my primary fleet, around 90% of the time, it crashes before the mission even opens. About 1 in 10 I can start and complete the mission, but then it crashes after the reward dialogues, while loading back to the main screen.

With my secondary fleet, I can start & complete a mission most of the time (guesstimate 80%) and it crashes while loading back to the main screen.

So far, I couldn't complete a single mission today, crashes everytime.

One guess was that I have too much inventory, but cleaning out there to reduce it back to one screenpage didn't help.

Do you have an email address where I can send the crashlogs to?

UPDATE: This might be related to the later missions. I just tried a few of missions 1-5 with my primary fleet, and no problems there. I'll test more later and see if I can find a tipping point.

12. Squizzle535

Squizzle535 Active Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Earth. Probably.
    #72 Squizzle535, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    I'm stuck on level 38, any tips? I've got a carrier, battleship, cruiser and chaser as my fleet. Decent laser and ballistic weapons. I don't use missiles much because they run out, but I have a few in inventory. I've also got decent fighters and utility weapons (I keep at least 1 of everything) a few shields and drone defenses.

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #73 Nullzone, Jun 2, 2016
    @Squizzle:
    Your fleet should be enough to handle mission 38.
    What do you mean by "Missiles running out (of ammo)"? The active ordnance with 3 shots? Use them: they are great, especially for taking down fast ships like Frigates with your Capital ships.
    Put a Shield on the Cruiser and throw it into the thick of things as fire-magnet. Same goes for the Chaser, expect to lose it right in the opening salvos. Having a Sublight Propeller on it to increase speed does help quite a bit, as it makes it harder to hit.

As you are up against a Carrier, put the AA gun (I think that's what you mean by Drone Defense?) on your Battleship or Carrier.
    Focus fire the big guys down with your Capitals, and have your Chaser and Cruiser go after the small chaff as needed.

Do you have the ordnance torpedoes? If yes, put one each on Battleship and Carrier, those are quite the heavy-hitters.
    Ah yes, Torpedoes (the ones that say "double slow unguided torpedo..." in the description) : I really like those - they don't have a minimum range and pack a serious punch. My Carrier is loaded up with them to the brim, and I have the ones that didn't fit spread out over my other Capital Ships.

If all else fails, get a second Cruiser - also with Shield - to replace the Chaser.
    Oh, and if you have enough Khorium piled up to buy a Titan, do it.

Let us know how it goes ;)

14. Squizzle535

Feb 24, 2016
    Earth. Probably.
    By running out of ammo I mean this: when I had only a chaser and cruiser I loaded my cruiser to the brim with missiles and nothing else, it would stop shooting later in missions and should show no range circle when clicked on. The missles were passive ones not active, like double torpedos. And yes, by drone defense I mean AA

15. Squizzle535

Feb 24, 2016
    Earth. Probably.
    #75 Squizzle535, Jun 2, 2016
    Thanks, I got past it. Satan station looks nasty.

16. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Interesting, you are right on that. I never noticed before, and I use a lot of the "Mid-range Missile", e.g. I have one Battleship almost completely loaded up with those only.
    Oddly enough, it never was a problem for me.

Their description says "8 rounds of missiles..." . I always thought that refers to salvo size, but that 8 is the total number of salvoes they can fire.

What other weapons do you have available? I use(d) lots of Rayguns on my shortrange ships at that stage, and put everything with a minimum range on my capital ships. The Cannons do pretty good damage, but have a hard time hitting fast targets, so I phased those out as soon as I could.
    Cruiser is a shortrange fighter, you shouldn't have anything with a minimum range on there.

If you don't want to use the passive Missiles, Torps are your best bet for Capitals, followed by the Ion and Gauss Guns.

I only have a few Lasers, so I cannot really comment on those.

17. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Congratulations! And heh, that one just wants to play. Wait till he brings his big brother :) Jokes aside, just park your capital ships outside of the satellites firing lane and you should be good.

18. Squizzle535

Feb 24, 2016
    Earth. Probably.
    I've got mostly lasers and cannons, with a few missles. I keep the missles just in case I need them, but don't usually use them (limited ammo is a pain). Minimum range weapons are a pain, trying to line up all the mins and maxes so all the weapons actually get used.

19. Squizzle535

Feb 24, 2016
    Earth. Probably.
    Any more free ships I can look forward to? Like the cruiser at the beginning and frigate a little bit in.

20. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I have to experiment around, if replacing the Missiles makes a lot of a difference. Will be a bit till I get around to that, though.

You really want longrange weapons on your capital ships, as they are too slow to easily close into shortrange distance.
    What I did is pick a primary weapon type for each capital ship, add ordnance/actives first and then fill up with all I have of the weapon type I picked. E.g. like I wrote earlier, one of my Carriers is chock-full with Torpedoes, a Battleship with mostly Rayguns, etc.
    Most longrange weapons have something like 300-600, with a few exceptions like the Cruise Missiles. If the minimum range of all your weapons is identical or really close together, it works very well in my experience.

I am really curious about the Lasers, can you post a few of the exact names as showing in the weapon description? I replayed missions *a lot* and still have maybe only 5 or 6.

Bad news in this regard. But the resources come flowing in in large enough quantities that you can get more ships easily. I bought a second Chaser early on, then another Cruiser, followed by a second Carrier and Battleship.
    Upgrading slots gets really expensive for the capital ships, so I'd definitely buy ships first and upgrade slots later.