Galaxy on Fire...Strategy, Tips, etc....

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by yoman, Apr 6, 2009.

1. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    you need to upgrade your lasers then. Sell all your current ones and buy the orange meteor. That thing is pretty awesome in the starting levels.

2. vyro

vyro New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    ship/weapon availbility

hey, been reading for a while now, first time posting.

a few questions:
    do different ships open up at higher levels, or is it all by chance/location?

the stations that don't trade, are they permanently like that or is there someway to open up their hangars?

and finally, do you have to have favorable vossk reputation to get vossk weaponry and ships?

thanks

3. yoman

yoman Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2008
    New Ships appear at higher difficulty quadrants, you just have to travel to them and find a trading system, and jump back and forth between that system until it shows up in the hangar for sale.

Stations that do not trade are permanently unable or unwilling to trade with you. :)

You do not require a favorable vossk reputation to buy weapons/ships but you will be required to bribe the vossk stations to land at them. It can be quite a bit at times. $$$$$$.

4. vyro

vyro New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    #24 vyro, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
    thanks for your help.
    about the unwilling to trade part, is that when loyalty matters?

also, does anyone have any suggestions on which station to visit repeatedly to get a vossk h'soc fighter?
    haha one more edit, why do the price of ships vary?

5. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    Can anyone point me to the right quadrant-system-planet from which I can purchase the best ship in the game (whatever the name is)?

thanks!

6. Jelaludo

Jelaludo Active Member

Mar 6, 2009
    The "best ship" is a bit subjective

I prefer the H'Soc, but it's not the most expensive.

It is available on many many planets, both in the bottom right and bottom left quadrants. Can't pinpoint an exact one, apparently it's random.

here are some stats of the more expensive ships :

Zephyr - Gunship
    Plasm
    Photon
    Missile
    Thermo
    270 armor
    20t

Centaur - Gunship
    Plasm
    Photon
    Missile
    Laser
    280 armor
    50t

H'soc - Fighter
    Plasm
    Missile
    Laser
    360 armor
    10t

Vol Noor - Scout
    Plasm
    Thermo
    380 armor
    5t

Draaken - Bomber
    Plasm
    Photon
    Missile
    Laser
    Thermo
    330 armor
    60t

Gryphon - Bomber
    Plasm
    Photon
    Missile
    Thermo
    310 armor
    40t

As to check whether the location are random, let's try this

Bottom Right Quadrant :
    let's count the "systems" like this
    1 2 3 4 5
    6 7 8 9 10
    etc.
    (25 systems)

Go to #15 (Numbai System)
    Rewe-Lape Station (Terran)
    Do you see a Gryphon Ship for Sale?

7. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    Ouch.. you're right, it IS random. Thanks for the stats though.

I'm currently using a H'Soc myself. Here's my ship's stat for the moment:
    Ship =H'soc
    Laser = Omega
    Missile = Styx
    Shield = Atlas

8. Jelaludo

Jelaludo Active Member

Mar 6, 2009
    screenshots test

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 4 characters.

9. eggrolls11

eggrolls11 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009

Currently I am using a Zephyr (I am level 10, feared) with a really weird sounding vossk plasm gun (n'oumsskkk... or something. Its very, very good). This has served me very well so far. The gryphon looks amazing, although I haven't seen it and I have visited all 4 quadrants (although not all the systems :D).

Thermo weapons are pretty useless for me. I had a Nemisis but I sold it due to its extremely short range and low damage.

I had an argon photon cannon, but it was slow and so I sold that too.:eek:

I don't see how missles are useful, as they do ok damage and take forever to reload.

My "n'oumsk" plasm is the only gun I have and use, as its damage is 22 per shot, and fires at 280ms, I believe.

Also, I have a titan shield. Where can I get the atlas shield?

10. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    [​IMG]

11. Jelaludo

Jelaludo Active Member

Mar 6, 2009
    dashzed, I appreciate the zen-like quality of your post, you managed to express so much without a word ^^

2nd try for attachment.

Otherwise :

Feature Suggestion for the Developers :
    I find that the "frame around the screen is visually irrelevant. It's too intrusive and takes away from the breathtaking element of evolving in space.

Could you try :
    -removing the frame altogether
    -setting all the controls to the transparent version when they are on, and invisible when they are off
    i.e. the missile button could be visible in its current faded out version when available, and simple not be there when not.

This would make the whole game much more immersive, in my humble opinion as the saying goes.
    Or perhaps it could be an option to toggle on/off
    It' just that after having played the game a bit, a player should be familiar enough with the controls to do with a minimalist HUD.

and Mr. Eggrolls 11, I think you'll find that the more advanced missiles are extremely useful, as they can basically allow you to finish off enemy ships before they are in range to shoot back. As soon as the red lock-in square appears, fire your missile, try to get a few more normal shots and boom.

Attached Files:

12. SciFi ROX!

SciFi ROX! New Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Were get zephyer i need it cause i have a phantom right now and it suxs BTW: i use a Omega laser (very useful) and a relly storng photon cannon and they do far more damage than that n'oumsk thing

13. SciFi ROX!

SciFi ROX! New Member

Feb 25, 2011
    #33 SciFi ROX!, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
    Destroy the small ships first Belive me i was also stuck on the Mission and that helped me a lot:) BTW: you will be doing this alot after you finish story mode

14. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    Is the storyline "over" once you get to the open world travel? GOF2 and was only playing this first because it was on my backlog. If its just sandbox from here forward, I'd like to move to the sequel.