iPad Galaxy on fire or wolfenstein?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BassGS5, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BassGS5

BassGS5 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    please don't kill me for making this thread, but I really want one of these two games, so if you would be kind and not flame me, which game do you like better and why.(just for the record, I've never played wolfenstein before).

2. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

No question: GoF!

3. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Wolfenstein all the way. I'm not a big fan of space shooters etc. Wolfenstein 3D is a classic great game.

4. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Look I'm not going to flame you, but I will say try to make comparisons that actually make sense... Wolfenstein and Galaxy on Fire are different genres and simply not comparable.

If a gun was put to my head and I had to choose, I'd say Galaxy on Fire.

5. BassGS5

Feb 11, 2009
    Another question, is GOF controlled by the accelerometer? Because I hate those kind of games.

6. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

I had it more than 20 years ago for the Amiga ... and I liked it, but sorry, FPS on the iPhone is not that good ...

7. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    It really comes down to what you want: a first person shooter or a space shooter. GoF tends to be pretty deep so if you tend to lose interest in games and move on to other things quickly, it's not your best choice. GoF gives you control options of either accelerometer or touchpad.

With Wolfenstein, the gameplay is old school which is not a bad thing, but you'll want to make sure you're ok with that.

8. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

two totally different games. Depends on which genre you like. I have them both and they are both great!

9. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    There's an option for an onscreen joystick (ala Hero of Sparta).

So, both touch and accelerometer are supported. And you can set sensitivity with either option to best suit your comfort.

10. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    Now that is intense! I would say Galaxy on Fire, but I wouldn't bet my life on it ;)

11. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I say flip a coin! I mean, it's nearly impossible to compare them.

I personally prefer GoF.

12. SMN

SMN Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    If you never played Wolfenstein and you're not a "OMAGAD FAN" go get GoF and don't think twice Galaxy on fire <3

13. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Well I never played Wolfenstein as a young lad so it's an easy choice for me since there's no nostalgia involved, and I didn't find it entertaining.

14. Rohan Dalal

Rohan Dalal Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2009
    as good both games are, i would go with Wolfenstein 3D
    i say this because its one of the few fps that actually has good controls...srry Zombie Mansion :cool:....

while GoF is good also, there are many other games like that with the same persepctive view

so in the end, its rlly up to you to decide, but i would strongly recommend Wolfenstein 3D

great game, great value, and good graphics xD

hope i helped in any way

15. Ebola

Ebola Active Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Over there -->
    GOF For sure

GOF is probably the best game I have on my iPhone right now. I generally hate accelerometer controls as well, but I feel this game just nailed them. The control on Wolfenstein just looks.. clunky to me. I see myself playing GOF for many weeks to come.

16. BassGS5

Feb 11, 2009
    One last question, which one will last you longer, be it more content, longer game, more unlockables, things like that.

17. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    GoF is the deepest game you can get from iTunes. You will spend 20 hours at least trying to get through it all.

18. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    Is it even deeper than Puzzle Quest? (that didn't sound right)

19. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    I should temper that and say GoF is one of the deepest games. I do agree that Puzzle Quest is a deep game and one of my favorites.

20. BassGS5

Feb 11, 2009
    Ok, I decided to buy GOF now, and wolfenstein at a later date. Thanks for all your help everyone, thanks for not flaming me.