Universal Galaxy on Fire - Alliances - (by FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by biokid, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Really boring game. Cmon Fishlabs, do you really spent two years on it?

2. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Toucharcade is the 4th biggest alliance and still growing strong :D

3. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    I am having a fun time on my own planet but even with all the tutorials I am at my greatest confusion when it comes to resource movement. I have not the slightest clue how to even get troops on a ship and move them to other planets for war. I already lost a planet I jump gated to because I had no idea how to send troops or supplies it. I gave up on even taking over other planets and exploring because the people who know what they are doing are going full out Borg on every piece of space.

I am going to echo what lots of people have already said. If this game don't get some type of reference or FAQ then I see lots of us just getting frustrated and giving up. I checked the games forum also and could not find any tip/FAQ section.

Tutorials are nice but when all this info don't stick to the gray matter how do we go back and reference it? How long do we have to wait for one?

4. Gamehenge

Gamehenge Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 8, 2012
    join the TA guild. lots of Q and A's on the ingame alliance chat. any specific questions? it took me a few days of trial and error, but once you figure something out, you move on and no longer get stuck at those steps. an in game reference would obviously help though!

5. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Hmm it says menel-ta is an invalid LINE ID

6. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    menel_ta

Underscore

I screwed up, trying to fix but game connection issues

7. sinz2000

sinz2000 Active Member

Aug 6, 2011
    #167 sinz2000, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
    I think the servers can't handle all the new players xD that or the 50 member cap is being implemented maybe?

8. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    Recorded for posterity. Good work toucharcade!

This is likely as good as it gets though, the top alliance is the beta testers alliance, and they had planets in the thousands within days of launch

Attached Files:

9. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #169 Quantum Apocalypse, Nov 29, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
    The alliances tend to have newer players flocking to the alliance of the largest numbers, as is the case with UFP. It isn't where all the testers went, though for this reason it was also a large beta alliance too.

10. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    The 50 player cap in alliances is probably because of how BIG UFP is.

11. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
  12. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    There is not much you can do in this game except wait.. upgrade some stuff and send out some ships then wait and then wait some more.

13. Dentorin

Dentorin Active Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Man. These server issues are something else. I haven't been able to get back in for hours. I can't even get to the planets screen. Just sits there pretending to establish a connection to the server.

14. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    I'm unable to connect currently. On the whole my connection has been fine however

15. sbxsat

sbxsat Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    They are attempting to fix the problem. The developer said as much a couple of hours ago.

Fishlab's official forum: https://forum.fishlabs.net/viewforum.php?f=61

Here is what was said:
    Greetings, Commanders!

Certainly, many of you noticed some connection issues the last two nights.

We want to apologize for the troubles. Rest assured, we are working on that and are confident, that for now, the trouble is at least reduced.
    Right now, we are trying different tools to get everything running smooth again.
    (memo to myself: neither Jackhammers nor Chainsaws are suitable on bad behaving servers... )

You will notice that Pushnotifications are deactivated. They were one big part of the trouble (talking about too big alliances...).
    Also, the recalculation of the Player-leaderboards is deactivated for now. We might trigger the recalculation manually from time to time, but please do not nail us on a schedule here
    Also, calculations of the alliance-leaderboards are reduced, so your progress on this field will be shown somewhat later.

Greetings,

your Fishlabs DevOps Team

16. !!!nada!!!

!!!nada!!! Active Member

May 29, 2012
    Alliance: Singularity Band [=S=]

Hello everyone, I'd like to get the word out about my alliance, Singularity Band. If your interested, just search us up in game and ask to join. We're currently quite small, but active, and already working on securing a section of the galaxy.

17. sbxsat

sbxsat Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    I actually find this game pretty enjoyable. They took away the fluff (actual piloting of spaceships and space combat) and kept the interesting bits in (resource management, social aspects). This may not be a game for everyone but this game is the closest you will get to EVE Online for the iOS.

There are a lot of areas for improvement but the foundations are there for a great social game.

18. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    #178 HansKaosu, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013

19. Yagami_Light

Yagami_Light Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    How do I defend my planets properly?

1. Should I leave my ships/soldiers in shipyards/barracks, or in the carriers I have stationed at my planets?

2. What is a good number of ships to defend a planet from your average player?

3. Any other tips? Are the relics for upgrading ships worth it?

20. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Haha this bit made me laugh to myself :) Gaming really has changed when "waiting" is now thought of as a strategy :D

Only kidding, I know what you mean ;)