Universal Galaxy on Fire - Alliances - (by FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by biokid, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I'm finding the game strangely compelling considering I have no idea what I am meant to be doing most of the time. :)

2. B3NDoX

B3NDoX Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Anyone else having connection issues?

3. EDDWIZZLE

EDDWIZZLE Member

May 4, 2013
    Can someone tell me how to add more ships to my fleet when going to battle because I forgot #

4. Bopogamel

Bopogamel New Member

Nov 26, 2013
    Hey guys.

Slightly confused, but enjoying this so far.

Can anyone confirm whether this supports cloud saves between an iPad and iPhone?

5. wedge598

wedge598 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Can someone tell me what the installed size is? I'm running low on space and want to make sure I can fit it. Is it really less than 300mb as listed?

6. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    The installed size is 544 MB.

7. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    The fact that you need to keep buying those limit extenders is very annoying

At the moment i cant progress unless i fork out real cash. (iv already forked out some)

8. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    With Fishlabs gone who is getting the moolah from this? Can't be much chance of updates right?

9. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Fishlabs isn't gone. They just had some troubles and had to lay a bunch of people off. They are hoping this game will get them going in the right direction again.

10. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    What do you mean gone? They had some layoffs but they are still going. They are right here in this thread.

11. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    #91 Sequence, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
    Has anyone figured out how to create a "call bookmark" on a planet? I'm stuck on that quest.

12. HansKaosu

Nov 19, 2013
    Its a MMO. its stored online and uses your GameCenter to authenticate your account. Just need to be logged into GameCenter.

13. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    I'm really confused. What's your solo score based on? Last night I went and colonized 2 planets and when I get on this morning my score dropped 20k. Dropping me from 1,000 to 2,000

14. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Same here, but I think the ship has probably sailed for this dev making anything but freemium games from here on out (unless they get contracted to make a free racing game for VW or someone). If this fails then they fail, if it does well then they will think this is the only way to make money on the appstore. Either way, we at least got GoF 1&2 to go back to as well as games by other devs.

15. Tobi@Fishlabs

Tobi@Fishlabs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Cheers everyone... here's a bunch of answers to the latest questions.

@HansKaosu: One way to make progress without buying extenders repeatedly is to switch planets and constantly colonize better ones than the ones you've owned before. I've been playing GOFA actively since the first beta round and I've never bought a planet or fleet extender so far. Instead, I've always made sure that I've only had the best possible planets under my reign, e.g. planets with high quality and productivity which are located in systems that only have one or two planets in total (hence making it hard for attacking enemies to establish bridge heads in the very same system). Of course, if you wanna grow you're empire at lightning-speed, you'd have to buy a couple of extenders sooner or later. But if you just wanna progress steadily, you don't have to buy 'em necessarily. In addition, you can also buy extenders with in-game credits earned through daily log-ins and side missions (which are available via the scanning array).

@Lost_Deputy: As Royce and Candykiller said, we're by no means gone. We're still not having the easiest of times here in the office and we've surely seen better days before, but we're still around and working very hard to get the company back on track. No matter how all this will end, we'll definitely not abandon GOFA anytime soon, but instead we'll continue to work on it and expand it on a regular basis. We've already got a lot of cool stuff up our sleeves that'll be added with an update in the not-too-distant future.

@Sequence: You can set bookmarks in the planet menu. It is available via Star Map > System View > Planet View. Just tap the planet you wanna set a bookmark on and then choose "Set Bookmark" from the bottom of the list on the right.

@Ramaz: To be honest, I don't know myself how exactly the leader boards are being calculated. I'll ask our game designers and see if they can clear things up a little. :)

16. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Thx tobi haha and another thing is the only way to level up completing missions?

And great game btw on my GOTY list

17. Tobi@Fishlabs

Tobi@Fishlabs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Cheers, Ramaz! I still don't know the complete formula behind it, but apparently the commander progress is being calculated by setting your experience points off against the age of your profile. So if you've been very active the first day but only played occasionally the second day, your score in the commander progress leader board will diminish.

You'll level up by gaining experience points and you'll get them for pretty much all actions in the game, e.g. finishing construction jobs, carrying out attacks, answering calls, fulfilling missions, etc.

18. HansKaosu

Nov 19, 2013
    Alrighty. Iv bought 1 extender now. sent my fleet of ships to a far far away system. Takes 2 days for them to arrive.. This will be interesting., ;)

19. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Is out TA Alliance leader Mene on the forums? Because his name Menel in game

20. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    Okay so, I just impulsively quit my current game and deleted the app in the hopes that I will be able to choose a different name besides: Player 874645 or something like that. Before I begin again can somebody let me know what the best race is.