Universal Galaxy on Fire - Alliances - (by FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by biokid, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Tobi@Fishlabs

Tobi@Fishlabs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Everyone starting now will be on the same server as the other open beta players. If we'd released the game in the US and UK in early 2014 as originally planned, we'd have opened up new servers to make sure that everyone's pretty much on an even level. But now the players from the "first" open beta round only have a headstart of a few days, so everyone else won't need too long to catch up. We'll open the next server once it becomes apparent that the current server's capacities are going to be maxed out.

As for loading troops onto a carrier, your first need to build a shipyard (to produce carriers) and a barracks (to produce troops). You can then select the carrier via the carrier screen in the top menu. There, you gotta go to the cargo screen (the second one after the fleet screen) and load the troops onto the carrier via the slider.

You can change your player name as soon as you leave your private home system and enter the PVP space. Once you open your jump gate for the very first time, you'll be asked to enter a player name before your fleet passes through.

2. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Okay I eventually figured out how to transfer troops to a carrier and change my username, but boy this game needs some more help and documentation. Half the time I feel that I'm just blindly tapping buttons and hoping for the best without really understanding what is going on.

I feel that I would really like the game if I just understood it a bit better.

3. Tobi@Fishlabs

Tobi@Fishlabs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    If you're not familiar with these kinda games, it does indeed take a little to get to know all features and actions. But once you've gotten to know the basics, you'll make quick progress. In your home system, other players cannot attack you, so you can take all the time you need to get prepared for the action in the PVP space.

4. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Game is so confusing. Do the tutorial missions end.

5. Ramaz1234

Sep 14, 2013
    Omg how do I complete this mission!!

Attached Files:

6. Ramaz1234

Sep 14, 2013
    Plz someone help because I wanna start playing so badly ):

7. Ramaz1234

Sep 14, 2013
    This is so stupid I just wanna play the game and I still can't get past the mission ^^^^

8. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    It's the second button at the top. Make sure you put a few freighters on the carrier , and some resources on the screen after that

9. Ramaz1234

Sep 14, 2013
    Ty for responding. I already found the button but idk how to actually put stuff on the ships. Do I have to finish the missions to start playing for real?

10. Ramaz1234

Sep 14, 2013
    So I believe I'm getting more into the game I'm understanding it more. So now I'm going to rate this game. It's an easy 5/5 stars for me. Amazing game guys a lot of fun. Can't wait to really start getting into it and taking some planes (;

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    You guys really blew me away with this, I honestly went in expecting the worst, but dang, in true Fishlabs fashion you guys nailed it. Hopefully this'll help out with the problems you've been having, those layoffs are just too bad :/

The good thing is this is freemium from a hardcore studio, and the hardcore players are glad to help out a studio they love, but hopefully it'll attract clash of clans type players as well, and you'll make good revenue.

Looking forward to GoF3 :)

12. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Not quite all of us. Alliances is really very pretty, and it at least seems more complex than most others of its ilk, but for all I can see it is still a timer-based social civ builder/ant farm, with time spent in-game/opening push notifications as the dominant factor in success (as opposed to skill picked up from either time spent or natural predisposition/similar experience), and IAP that have a drastic effect on competitive balance.

But I didn't spend much time with the game, and I stand ready (and almost eager) to be corrected ;) So feel free to convince me otherwise, and I'll mosey on right back in.

13. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Haha well yeah, that's basically what it is, but it's a very well done one. I mean, I hate clash of clans etc., but I'm digging this. I think it's because it's not just "blow up this random guy," there's actual politics to the game. But yeah it's not much more than a time sink, but a very well done time sink at that (;

Also I just like the idea of interstellar races battling with spaceships.

14. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    I just sent an alliance request to TA. Do we have a thread yet?

15. Ramaz1234

Sep 14, 2013
    Lol I joined the top team when I started playing and well they are kicking some ass 0.0

16. Ramaz1234

Sep 14, 2013
    Just sent my fleet on an 1 hour mission to colonize a planet. I'm gnna go to bed and wake up a happy man (; XD

17. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    I sent a request to join the alliance. Hope there is a spot open for me :)

18. B3NDoX

B3NDoX Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    I can't start playing the game. It just says I'm connecting to lobby. Help?

19. B3NDoX

B3NDoX Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    I really can't even play the game :(

20. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    I hope GF3 isn't off the table because of this. I always hated these civ builder/pay2win games.