Universal Galaxy on Fire - Alliances - (by FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by biokid, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    It looks like level 19 is the next level for getting an extra outer planet.

I'm pleased to see there is such an active toucharcade crew. Especially considering the major power block is the beta tester alliance, it hardly seems fair. But at the end of the day we must all hang together, or assuredly we will all hang separately

2. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Just joined the Alliance. :)

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    So is this basically hardcore clash of clans? I'm not in the mood to pay attention to sanukus vid or sift through the thread

4. lexiphanic

lexiphanic New Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Online Community Manager
    Vancouver, Canada
    I really want to try/like this game but it seems logging in takes a couple of minutes. I haven't passed simply being able to build the first three extractors — either it "forgets" that I did it or it loses the connection to the server and then it's another 2+ minutes to connect again (if I connect at all).

Anyone else having server connection issues?

Totally appreciate this is open beta / soft launch, of course.

5. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    No connection issues. It seems to stay connected for long periods for me. Pops right back in.

It does take a minute when I alternate devices.

6. LightningDragon181

LightningDragon181 New Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Seems like a pretty awesome game so far, I sent in an a application to it and joined the alliance. Hopefully they'll continue with the updates.

7. Tobi@Fishlabs

Tobi@Fishlabs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Cheers, everybody. Glad to hear that quite a few of you have already given our new game a try and cool to see that there's even a dedicated TouchArcade alliance seeking fame and fortune in the Shroud Nebula. Good luck in your endeavours & congrats on already making it into the Top 10, guys!

If any of you are experiencing login problems or server troubles over a longer period of time, please let me know via PM or email to [email protected]. I'll then forward your messages directly to our developers and they'll hopefully find a way to fix these issues soon.

Also, if you wanna stay up to date about all things GOFA, you might pop in on our Facebook (www.facebook.com/galaxyonfire) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/gofalliances) fan pages as well. We're gonna post all kinda GOFA-related news and content there and also publish player-related stuff like screen caps of your best planets.

8. PsYcHoNoVa

PsYcHoNoVa Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    
    I just started playing GOF2, and I enjoy it. I'll definitely give this one a try.

9. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    No trouble logging in. Just got to the stage of attacking and couldn't figure out what to do next. The tutorial then gave me rewards for doing whatever I was supposed to do. I found the game very confusing and deleted it. I'm not going to spend time trying to figure it all out.

Nice graphics but not the Galaxy on Fire I was hoping for. It seems like a lot of micro management. Not for me.

10. gunwalloe

gunwalloe Member

Dec 16, 2010
    IT Service Desk
    Brisbane, Australia
    This game is similar to clash of clans in the way that it is timer based, but it is much more centered around teamwork and building your alliance with other players and linking your systems together. It has more depth and actual gameplay than clash of clans.

There is a very active Touch Arcade alliance, so if you are playing this game, come join us. We are making a move to set up a system just outside of the main area so we can group together and co-ordinate defences and attacks.

11. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    The IAP's are fair if you ask me. You won't see a level 10 with 10000 ships when he spends money on the game. If you buy say 10 ship extenders, you get an extra 1500 ships, but if your cap is 300, then you'd only be able to get an extra 300 ships, not 1500. Fishlabs did it alright. Same thing applies for planet and carrier extenders. The credit pack is how much credits you'd receive everyday. Everybody receives 100 credits a day. Buying that increases how many credits you receive in a day.

12. Tobi@Fishlabs

Tobi@Fishlabs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Just a quick note to let the Touch Arcade crew know that GOFA has gone live in all English-speaking countries as well as additional territories today. If in doubt, check your local App Store for the availability of GOFA to see if your country's been included in the expanded open beta launch. :)

13. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Yay!!! :D

14. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    #54 Menel, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013

Are the servers different?

Does this mean TouchArcade people who started last week, won't be playing with US players this week?

15. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Actually this is reality. The city I work in which is in the UK, announced free city wide wifi soon to be launched

16. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Wow it's out. What a crazy past like week of releases Clumsy Ninja, Team Monster, Space chicks and now this!

17. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Haha I've played like 20 minutes and still building stuff, woo!

18. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I'm finding the game confusing. I'm being asked to transfer troops onto a carrier, but how do I do that? I can't figure out what I'm meant to do at this point at all.

19. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    I can't even figure out where to change name, I'm currently named some generic user name

20. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    This game is good, albeit a bit confusing