Universal Galaxy on Fire - Alliances - (by FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by biokid, Nov 21, 2013.

1. BellaNova

BellaNova Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Snotty, Did the UFP not offer you a peaceful way out of the situation Menel created? Can you vouch for that? In fact you should rejoin your friends now.

There is a new TA alliance, guys, with true leadership. It is called UFP-TA. The UFP has many spies in it but when you run your alliance correctly they are basically powerless. TA had spies in UFP but we didnt crumble. We didnt make an inactive player leader and abandon all to go hide. Menel has no good excuse for what he did to you guys. It shows just what kind of person he is. That wont change. Menel's personality will hamper himself and all around him no matter where he goes. Menel wants you to rally around him because you are all posters on this board. Hundreds of you did... Look what he did. He would do it again...

2. sbxsat

sbxsat Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Bella, you sound like Stalker. That player kept trying to get TA to go to war with UFP. Stalker was unsurprisingly kicked out from TA.

You are acting like a child. Is there a reason for this?

We did not declare war on UFP. It was UFP that broke the NAP and attacked us. With an alliance of 700 members before the start of the war, any one of us could have attacked UFP, but it was not sanctioned by TA leaderership.

If your leader went to war because of one random rogue, that is a bit silly. This could have happened to any large alliance. A new player might want to complete the attack mission and hit out at the nearest planet, which happened to belong to UFP. We just do not know.

Your leader declared war prematurely without putting much effort into finding what actually happened. If TA wanted to declare war, don't you think we would have hit more than just the one planet? You should really use your head and think.

You should stop acting like you have a chip on your shoulder and move on. It is a game yet you are making it personal.

My advice is for you is to grow up and get out more.

3. BellaNova

BellaNova Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Again, UFP did not declare war, Menel did... He could have prevented it. He didnt. I am simply here to try and give the players he abandoned a safe haven and a real chance to play the game... Stalker was a spy to assess the situation Menel created. TA had spy's too though. Stalker wanted kicked... He got it... He could have easily stayed quiet... Stalker judged TAs organization skills and leadership. He found exactly what he needed to and got himself kicked... TA was made of good members but with a bad leader. You must be a child yourself sbx. You have a real lack of understanding certain things... You also feel the need to make yourself appear more mature but its not working. Hopefully in time you will learn.

4. terukasa

terukasa New Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Being that I was in TouchArcade when this all went down, I am going to have to side with BellaNova - which is difficult because I am not particularly happy with the UFP Monopoly in Alliances. Here is what happened, and granted I was just a member.

I joined TouchArcade a few weeks ago because I am a TA member in other games (pocketplanes etc.)

When I got into the TouchArcade Alliance, it was ranked second next to UFP. My first impression was that the Alliance was not doing well, there was no structure to the forums and no strategy for attack/defense. Members were being promoted alphabetically, not due to skill or activity. There was no strategy other than creating a "territory" for TouchArcade, which actually ended up being our undoing because UFP knew exactly where to hit us. We had no coordination for our defense, so we were basically sitting ducks since we had no leadership. Basically, somehow a fight started between UFP and TA and within about 24hrs, the leaders of the TA Alliance were destroyed and the rest of us could do nothing about it.

Rather than stick with it and apologize, Menel left TA and promoted an inactive member to be the Alliance Leader. In the game, that makes it impossible to promote other members or change our diplomacy settings. Basically, Menel torpedoed TA and when we needed some leadership he left the alliance. From my perspective, all of this was caused by Menel.

Now, I know that some of you still want to play and have the protection of an Alliance Tag. UFP has created a secondary TA alliance because they realize that most of us were caught in the middle of some bad leadership decisions. If you want to join the TA wing of UFP, just message BellaNova. In my opinion, it is not the best option, because there is some bad blood on both sides of this one, but there are no other options (unless you want to go with Menel again... fool me twice...)

I wish that TA had a stronger leadership in the game to begin with so that we were not in this position now. As it stands, the TA alliance will fail. Basically, we can start our own alliance again, with a second TA name, or we can band together with UFP and both be stronger because of it. The choice is ours, but I know which way I am headed... away from Menel.

5. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    Personal attacks... verbal abuse.

You speak as if people here should expect better from you. Try setting an example if you want respect.

6. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Reading the last page of this coupled with the type if game this is, I'm glad I opted out from such nonsensical drama. Real life has enough drama without taking on this stuff too.

7. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    For what it's worth, bellanova was open and communicative with me when the rest of my neighbours fell, and put a good word in for me with the local leader of a decent alliance.

It should be noted this wasn't until after he had probed the planet where I was going to make a last stand, and then offered me a truce. I do suspect however he would have offered me peace had I asked for it.

Nightc1 these are social games first and foremost, and where you get people you get drama. I really enjoy that there are games where you sink or swim based on your skill at making friends and not making enemies. I used to love playing the diplomacy board game which is all about making people trust you, and distrust someone else enough to attack them.

8. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Yeah seriously. I'm playing this game, I actually enjoy it for what it is, but I haven't an alliance and after reading all of this, I think I may stay on my own for as long as I can.

Perhaps a fresh start is needed. Actually it sounds like it needs to happen. In fact I might start my own alliance at this point. I don't like what I've read up to this point..

9. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    What I like about this game us that even if you get wiped out, or are getting farmed then you can demolish your outer planets and start again somewhere else. The system almost rewards you because you get xp for every building you rebuild

So play on your own, if you get attacked then it's not the end of the world. Maybe you can make friends with your neighbours and they might help you if you are attacked. Just send them a friendly message, it can't hurt

10. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Does that mean I keep my experience if I get wiped?

11. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    You keep your level because they can't get to your inner planets. It's impossible to 'die'. When bellanova went on the warpath I dragged every single resource through my wormhole so he would get nothing but dead bodies when he attacked me.

If you get wiped, your wormhole just pops up again somewhere random, and you keep your three well developed inner planets to start again. I had to colonise 5 new outer planets after this fight. It took me about half an hour of clicking to build lvl 1 buildings on all of them, but it was better than starting the game from scratch again.

12. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Ok that's helpful to know, thank you. One more question than. Since your inner planets can't be attacked, does that make the planetary defense building useless unless it's outside your inner planets? If I understand it correctly, it only boost your ships defending where they're parked.

13. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    #233 Snotty128, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    Yeah planetary defense, and the defense tech in the lab would both be useless on your inner planets. Unless bellanova knows a caveat to this?

I was told that planetary defenses only worked on ships that were not on carriers. However I've recently been told this is incorrect, and planetary defenses work for ships in carriers and ones on the planet. I've yet to see this in action for myself, but I thought I would pass it on

I had another key tip I learnt from keeping my ears open, which is to use long range scans to produce local missions to farm blueprints. If you're not doing this already, you should probably think about starting. I do this on my inner planets as I know I'm never going to lose the high level scanner or lab

14. BellaNova

BellaNova Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Planetary sheild and lab d
    Ship defense work for ship on planets and carriers both but only on the planet the buildings are located. You definitely want to doing long range scans for blue prints!

15. BellaNova

BellaNova Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Menel, This is the last i will say to you. You have been exposed and that's what needed to happen. You still ignore the issue and would rather gun for me instead... As far as trying to make me look bad, like you have yourself, you have yet again tried to leave out the facts and comment i was responding to. I made no personal attack on the poster. I stated what i think is likely fact. I think that poster is likely a kid. Which is fine, kids are kids. I think you are an adult though which would give you no good excuse. Im not wasting anymore time on you. You are safe hiding inside The Pack. Or did you not want people to know where you were hiding?

Guys, The game is a fun one. If you went inactive because of Menel then you should come back to the game and give it another shot. The UFP holds no grudge against you for being from TA. Some of the MANY, MANY other alliances Menel made war with might but the UFP doesn't...

16. BellaNova

BellaNova Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Snotty128, You should come over with the other TA guys. You seem to be picking up the game well. Your TA comrades could use the extra support. You can help put the pieces back together.

17. BellaNova

BellaNova Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Don't believe Fishlabs excuse of the cap for balancing. It is because they weren't ready for the volume they are getting. They stated the cap was going to be temporary.

18. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Ok very cool, thanks for the tips!

19. Flunkie

Flunkie Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    This game's communication compared to other iOS strategy games is abysmal. I'd get sucked in if it actually had a halfway functioning live chat. Forums are so 2008. This needs fixed. Also a way better interface. Galaxy at War has a better interface.

20. !nsomn!ac

!nsomn!ac Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    I really hope they do offer some sort of ingame chat later on. Using 3rd party chat app is good, but still.
    I like the forum system, but it must also have a live chat. Although i am scared to make any requests, because at least I can log in and play now, unlike 4 days ago. I rather see them fix all the issues 1st and then get to adding all the things the game shouldve had at start up.
    Overall its a very enjoyable game, when it doesnt crush lol.