Universal Galaxy on Fire - Alliances - (by FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by biokid, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Dentorin

Dentorin Active Member

Nov 2, 2012

2. Yagami_Light

Yagami_Light Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009

3. jarland

jarland Member

Feb 23, 2013
    #183 jarland, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
    Just my opinion...

Right off the bat this game tries to be too much. The tutorial mission leads you into so many different things with a lack of clarity as to the full impact of these little things. It comes across as a bit overwhelming and is a bit discouraging to the new player.

That said, it's clearly very well made and my initial confusions aren't enough to stop me from playing. I just feel like it's going to be a few days of light playtime before I really know what I'm doing. Maybe easing people into it a little more is something to think about, for the devs.

4. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    Graphics are well made.

Mechanics... Empty

Functions... Sorely lacking

5. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Leave marines on the ground of your planets. The number of ships and marines is largely level dependent, with a few hundred being "average" at this stage, but later having many thousands. Ships should be balanced (mix of types). Artifacts increase stats of ships, so if you have blue or red carriers, you should load the appropriate ships in those rather than leaving them on the planet. Artifacts also increase carrier capacity, but usually aren't worth wasting on MKI

6. Gamehenge

Gamehenge Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 8, 2012
    i really like this game,but its basically unplayable right now based on their server status. Unless they get this fixed, i might bow out.

Bigby Oaks in game.

7. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Really???

REALLY??

Lack of in game thorough instructions. Example how to increase alliance size tried to figure out for days :(. Ultimately found out. No in game help or links to find help.

Crashes constantly

Lags continually

8. Tobi@Fishlabs

Tobi@Fishlabs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Sorry for the connection issues, everyone. Due to the App Store feature over Thanks Giving/Black Friday we got quite a lot of new users on board and it seemed our servers couldn't handle that rush too well... but everything should be working fine again by now.

As for certain things not being explained that well in the game, we've already got plans fix that with a more in-depth tutorial in the future... please let us know what aspects of GOFA have not yet been explained clearly enough or are too tricky to be figured out simply by playing the app.

9. Latency

Latency Member

Oct 30, 2012
    had a bunch of connection issues over the holidays. good while it lasted, but think im going to retire this game. is there a way for me to donate resources?

Anyone want to come occupy my 4 planets?

10. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    • How to acquire personalized name. Confuses many.
    • The differentiation between safe Home planets and Outer planets.
    • That you can de-colonize a planet by deconstructing the HQ.

also...

Give player search box, be able to see their home world.
    Give a planet search box.

!!! Make player names in messages clickable somehow to their profile.

No one sits around and watches the pretty battle graphic animation. It has no relevance, and doesn't appear to have any reflection from actual battle data. Just save us some app storage space and remove that part.

11. Captain Cabnasty

Jan 17, 2013
    Good luck all, I'm done with this game. Can never log on, and don't care to wait till this is fixed.

12. !!!nada!!!

!!!nada!!! Active Member

May 29, 2012
    Not sure if its just because its the weekday now, but I've had 0 issues all day. Lightning fast connection.

Can anyone explain what exactly "efficiency" does, haven't been able to figure that out. Also, any experience on the value of planetary defense?

13. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I've been trying to clear out a solar system today. I managed to get one attack out before getting lagged out, and I had to wait to keep attacking. At least it's working at all now!

14. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    Same here. I'd like to play this game, but I cannot get past the server connection unless I'm playing around 4 AM.

15. sbxsat

sbxsat Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    1) Please make it so that it shows how long a job has left instead of just "job in progress".

2) Would also like to have option to link several carriers into a single group. Makes moving a fleet easier.

3) As someone said, remove the cinematics. Not sure what the intention was. It clears up the ui and makes the game size smaller.

4) Would like to see option to automate cargo delivery, e.g move carrier between planet A and B 'n' amount of times, each time taking 'x' cargo from planet A, depositing on planet B and collecting 'y' cargo from planet B before returning to planet A.

5) Add description of what mission a carrier is sent on. Difficult to keep track of which carrier has been sent on which mission at present.

16. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    Get in LINE chat.

We've got eastern planets to conquer!

17. VentureSix

VentureSix New Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Southern California
    Finally discovered warp drive and have broken free from my home system and into the black. Applied to the alliance.

18. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    the game is so addictive and I have never fallen in love with these kind of games before

19. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    UFP Forever Strong.

20. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Anyone figure out how to make squads?