Universal Galaxy on Fire 3 - Manticore [Coming soon]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Tobi@Fishlabs, Sep 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rncry

rncry Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Congrats guys! GoF 2 has been one of my favourites by far on iOS! I really hope Manticore and Manticore Rising will be premium titles!

2. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

This is mine.

3. Tobi@Fishlabs

Tobi@Fishlabs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    [​IMG]

Here's the first of the four official screenshots we released with our announcement press release. As you can see, critical damage to your ship's hull will no longer be indicated by a mere progress bar. Instead, cracks will appear in the visor of your helmet. Hope you like this effect. :)

4. Gunther4C

Gunther4C Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    #24 Gunther4C, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    So excited!

I cannot wait for this game! GOF2 was and still is my favorite game of all time on the mobile platform, GOFA was pretty good. I logged around 100hrs of gameplay on just 1 file around 25+ on other playthroughs, I ended up buying all DLC except the Shima Station unlock. I had no problem with going F2P with DLC elements, you guys have such a great game. I've recommended this game to all my friends after it was introduced to me by my love for space. I'd be interested to see if you guys are having a beta and if you'd take a simple space trader as myself to test this game. Anyways, congratulations guys, build up the hype, this game is about to launch into Khador speed and take off. And guys, if your a die hard fan like myself you won't complain with how the game is priced if it's priced at all, I'll have no problem dropping some cash on my favorite game series. Also, is this going to be a sequel to GOF2 (you could easily build off its ending) or will it be a separate adventure in a similar essence? Anyways, can't wait to see how this plays out in the future and hope you guys find success in how you guys handle this game.And finally, my only request for this game is the hope that the space stations become more dynamic and full instead of a huge space with only a space station and meteors and gas clouds here and there.......

(Can't wait to see ship designs and weapons, my favorite ship from GOF2 was the phantom, Ghost, and Darkzov)

5. Gunther4C

Oct 20, 2013
  6. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    Does that mean the view will be first person in this game?

7. Gunther4C

Oct 20, 2013
    Watch the trailer, it won't be 1st person

8. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    Cheers for the nice words, Gunther. Unfortunately, we cannot reveal too much about the backstory of Galaxy on Fire 3 - Manticore in this point of time. But we can already tell you that fans of the earlier GOF games will find a lot of tie-ins and references to these titles, such as the protagonist of Manticore Rising (the Apple TV-exclusive prequel) being the granddaughter of a certain Brent Snocom.

The camera will indeed be 3rd person again as on the screenshot above. To get a better feel of the gameplay, feel free to check out the trailer on YouTube via https://youtu.be/IJTGY7EKRiw.

9. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    GOF die hard fans here, so after soo long awaited and excitement for the next GOF series, i really6x want the first person view inside the cockpit, so sad that we can only get the 3rd person view option. Any chance you added it before the launch?
    super excited bout this one.

10. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    @Gunter4C:

Well,speaking for myself i HAVE a problem with going the F2P route for GoF2.Because i bought GoF2(HD) for full price and i bought all expansions for full price and now i get a massive amount of pop up ads.Sorry but that sucks.They should have avoid this for premium user.Other companies did this without a problem,so why not here?

looking forward to GoF3 of course but i hope it will be still a real game and not a slot machine ;)

11. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
  12. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Is it still strong on trading and exploring.. Or just a action/shoot em up game this time?

Hope it keeps its trading and missions, so is close to elite style game play

13. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Any chance the prequel will be available to all devices at some point after its AppleTV release?

14. Gunther4C

Oct 20, 2013
    #34 Gunther4C, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    So, do you guys have any idea of when the game will be released? 2015? 2016?

EDIT:
    So I applied for Beta, do you know when I can expect to see a response?

15. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Also signed up for the beta! Let us know if you need more info about devices/qualifications when you get around to selecting the testers.

16. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    Hey guys! Galaxy on Fire 3 - Manticore (on mobile) is planned for 2016 and Manticore Rising (on Apple TV) is scheduled to go on sale as soon as the new hardware hits the shelves.

We'll hopefully be able to share more info on the Closed Beta soon... you guys will, of course, be among the first to know :)

17. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Liked the first game, loved the second. Can't wait for this one!

18. Gunther4C

Oct 20, 2013
    That's awesome! (Quick question, how many people do you guys have working on the team for GOF3? There's been talk of being acquired and new companies like Rockfish, is fish labs developing this game?)

19. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Here's (another)interesting but german article.It's mainly about the keynote and Manticore Rising for Apple TV but interesting nonetheless.I'll translate a little bit.

1. 36 people work at Fishlabs

2. Arround a third of them work since 3 months very hard on Manticore:Rising.The rest works on GoF3.

3.Not even the interviewed (marketing)guy had a clue how the apple TV controller would look like.The 14 people working on Rising had to do it behind a white blanket (at least until the keynote),seperated from the rest of the team.

4.They are still not sure about the pricing of Manticore Rising.They say Rising is premium product but they have no clue if it will be 5€ or 1€....depends on the market situation at release and what other developer/publisher are doing.They have a slight hope that you will find more people on Apple TV willing to pay a few bucks for a premium game,unlike iOS.Because they expect to have a slightly more matured audience on Apple TV,people that are also willing to pay a few bucks to see TV series etc. No words abouth the pricing of GoF3 though (expectable,i'm still sure it will be F2P).

5.There is a hint that still everything is there what you liked about GoF2 (i.e. trading).

http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/games/apple-tv-fishlabs-entwickelt-galaxy-on-fire-manticore-rising-a-1052353.html

20. Gunther4C

Oct 20, 2013

I can speak German ;)