Universal Galaxy on Fire 3 - Manticore (By FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 7, 2016.

1. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    But there are still ads from time to time unless you turn on airplane mode.

2. Tobi@Fishlabs

Tobi@Fishlabs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Sorry, but you seem to be a bit mislead here. Cause fighting for a worthy cause does actually require a bit more than complaining on an online board. If you wanna make a change, actively support the games you like. Go out and tell your friends about them. Follow them on social media and engage with their posts. Reach out to other fans and build a community. With so much that can be done for the games you love, why spend your time and energy trashing the ones you don't enjoy?

Also, you might wanna reconsider your high and mighty attitude and let everyone decide for themselves what experience they wanna have. Sure, there's lots of people out there, who do indeed prefer the premium model. But there's even more people out there, who do not want to pay 10 bucks upfront for an iOS or Android game. And neither of these groups is right or wrong. They just happen to have different preferences, attitudes and likings...

3. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    The Switch game uses the same assets as the mobile game. We still find our game to look really stunning, so we did not see the need to give it much of an overhaul in that regard. We did, however, do a lot of work "underneath the hood" to ensure the high-end visuals are being displayed smoothly and flawlessly on the Switch. We are very proud to announce that Manticore runs in 60FPS across all Switch modes – handheld, tabletop and TV.

But there is still one aspect that got completely reworked, namely the HUD and UI. As we added full Joy-Con and Pro Controller support, we could not longer keep the mobile interface. So we gave it a full overhaul to make the game look, feel and play absolutely natural on the new platform.

As said earlier, the gameplay and progression also got fully adapted to the Switch, making Manticore a full-fledged premium experience and a veritable Switch game in its own right. Plus, there's all-new content in the form of Area 3. And a lot of other cool stuff. :)

4. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @Tobi: Word.
    Very well said. This should be quoted in big bold letters on TA's frontpage.

5. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    *prays for mobile release* :D

6. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    well said and classy. we are all here fighting for the better gaming experience on iOS and we agreed that ftp(micro transaction, pay to win) is ruining the platform. my wish since i hold iphone 2g on my hand was to be able to play games like GTA IV, Prince of persia, assassins creed, uncharted, tomb rider, etc on the go. sorry for oot, this is gonna be my last post in this thread about FTP.

7. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    great and i agreed that manticore is already a beautiful game. cant wait for the release. i finished GOF1&2 but never play deeper into the third one because of the ftp model. switch version is the best news for me :)

8. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Gonna make this short because this is all turning out to be pointless. I'm not high and mighty, I just made a wish that there was a seperate section for premium and free to play in these forums and I happened to do it in the thread of your game. Nothing personal, it just happened to be the thread I was in at the time. GOF 1&2 are two of my all time favourite games so I check this thread every now and again to see what's happening. You assumed all I do is trash ftp games. I already do ALL of the pro-active things you suggested and own literally 100's of iOS premium titles I've never played yet because I want to support premium and buy early. I own every single one of your premium games and love them all, you guys/gals are very talented. Bought every bit of dlc in GOF II including the Komo Club and the VIP card.

I'm coming from a place where I want to see iOS gaming thrive, and developers get paid generously. All this free to play online only stuff is icky, no one truly prefers it, not even developers... consumers just like the free entry point. Either way, it seems I'm in the minority, but in reality, I believe others are too afraid to voice an opinion here anymore for fear of being taken the wrong way or the ugly responses we get. These will be my last words on this topic, in any thread.

9. RunTheJewels

RunTheJewels Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Galaxy on Fire 3 - Manticore (By FISHLABS)

Dude.

This is my first post. I just registered now after being a lurker for many years here.

I just wanted to say....

....chill out dude. It’s iOS gaming. Ain’t no movement for a better life or something. Jeebus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @RuntheJewels: I like your attitude. Just wish you'd have had a better opportunity for your first post than this ;)

11. RunTheJewels

RunTheJewels Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Galaxy on Fire 3 - Manticore (By FISHLABS)

I know right. Oh well. iOS gaming should be for everyone at the end of the day.

GOF 1 and 2 were premium and sold well from what I can gather.

GOF3 was free and I don’t know how it sold. But from a business point of view I understand. If you don’t agree with it then just leave the franchise and continue doing whatever you want. No need to make a movement or try swaying other people’s opinions.

I for one loved one and two and never downloaded 3 due to the IAP. But I hope the devs are doing good and earning a good living.

12. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Will you marry me?

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Jesus ****ing Christ, someone give this guy a medal. Seriously...it's THIS mentality we need more of here.

14. RunTheJewels

RunTheJewels Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Thank you thank you

15. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    #155 Tobi@Fishlabs, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    News Channel live on Nintendo Switch

Hey everyone, just a short note to let you know that our news channel on the Nintendo Switch is now live in Europe. And very soon it will also become available in the US. Feel free to search for "Manticore - Galaxy on Fire Newsroom" on your Switch and sign up to receive hot news on our soon-to-be-released space action shooter.

[​IMG]

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Switch version... Cannot wait!

Loved the first 2 premium titles, then didnt get into the third one due to the pay model, but im aware how good it is from thse who actually played and didnt give a rodent's backside about the pay model. As a premium title on the switch, it should be an easy decision to pick up. No other game like it on the switch too as far as i know.

17. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Guess I'll spend my gold coins on this when it comes out since nothing else catches my eyes

18. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Any chance of this premium version of the game coming to mobile? You know, like what's coming on the Switch?

19. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Read a page or two earlier, the devs confirmed that they're up to "something" for iOS but wouldn't be drawn into the specifics - having confirmed that they had to rework GoF3 to work on switch as a premium game its hopeful this will be coming across to mobile in some form as a premium game

20. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    Hey everyone, just a short update: Once the game is out on the Switch, it won't take long anymore until we have good news for the mobile folks as well... I'm sorry that I can't give you more than a cryptic answer at this point. I hope I will be able to say more soon. Anyway, thanks again for your interest in our first Switch game! All of us here in the studio are really excited about our first-ever console release and we are really curious to hear what you think of Manticore for Switch! Only eight more days... :)